xisto Community
shamamster

What Computer Company To Use? help me

i recently broke my laptop...it was an overpriced dell Inspiron 1150 (crappy) so i was having trouble finding a good company thats offering affordable computer with good graphics, and all that stuff for gaming and top of the line graphics. im currently saving up money to buy a new laptop im saving up 2000 dollars so far and the only thing i cant figure out is the company to buy from, so please help me out ive been suffering with a crappyy big fat laptop with A CELERON PROCESSOR! which sucks big time. so ya.......:) thanks for reading my post

Maybe like another dell or something, I love dell. Best comp company I know of, good prices and advanced technology. And well, I made my own computer... If you want to customize always go for that. Buy parts of the net and put things together. Let your imaginations come to life, Plus its the cheapest out of buying anything is putting it togetehr yourself.

cheap+reliable would be dell.

Notice from jlhaslip:
With the number of posts you have to your credit, I would think you know better than to post a 5 word reply. Since this is so out of character for you, I will overlook this one time. Verbal Warning only.

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8500 3 years ago. It's working fine still now and working fast. I've been playing Warcraft 3 on it, without much system lags. Doom3 wasn't a problem as well. It has a embedded GeForece 4 graphics card, and 512 RAM. It's running on Pentium 4M processor. Everything works great.I guess you had chose a wrong medel of computer from Dell. A celeron processor wasn't meant to play games. More often, Dell made that laptop for mobile office use. That's the reason it's the cheaper computer in Dell's laptops range. In future when you are buying a new computer, do check out it's specifications first before buying. You wouldn't want to buy another office computer to play your games. Definately it will be crappy, for all brands of computers.For me, it's Dell.

Apple. My iBook is almost 4 years old now and it's time to replace it. I am waiting for more software to be released on MacOS Intel before spending the money. I really need for the Pro Apps and Office to be ported to OSX-intel before I spend the money. Also, I know better than to purchase a first generation Apple product. If you can wait, I'd suggest waiting about another 6 months and getting a MacBook Pro. Especially now since there is a hack to get Windows XP to install on a machine. Now you'll be able to run MacOS or Windows if you need to all on one machine without having to use emulation since they are both using the x86 architecture. (Even though the Mac uses a different abstraction layer)

i use a HP computer...the model of the computer is a Pavilion 522c...i dont know much about dells but i dont kno much about hps either heh....so i cant really compare the two...but my hp seems to be fine i guess

Well I like dell. I'm not sure about Apple's quality but i thing there a really good computer also. i know someone that has a Inspiron and the only thing that went wrong so far was the dvd drive. so i'm not quite sure.

Posted Image

Hey hey.. I like this sig with powerful words. I've visited your site and I'd say there's much more to improve on the interface. I'm surprised to see that the request form I've done was on your site as well. You will need to add on more stuffs and information about your work. Testimonials will be preferred.

Anyway, good job and wish you luck on your custom PCs..

Dell are really good but if you do not like Dell then I strongly recommend that you look at a Toshiba laptop. There are many review sites on the net, try http://www.tomshardware.com/ I have looked there many times before buying any PC hardware, even then they review more than just PC gear. Take a look and you'll have more information than you may need. <_<

Edited by springbok (see edit history)

I have to go with dell they are chepa but yet very powerful machines as well and very customizable as well.

I like dell, but I prefer HP.Hp's are fast and they dont cost that much, they've never let me down.But for a cheaper machine, stick with a dell. They're reliable and will save you a penny