xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BOAW

Fonts File Question

ive been tryin to install new fonts into my fonts folder so i can use em for my photoshop adobe program. but when i did that it didnt work so i tryed takn the fonts that i installed back out but the thing is...i dont know what were the new that i just installed into my folder...i try changn the arrangement into the date the files were modified or w.e but they all had different dates pretty much so i guess i was screwed there...so stupid lil me tried just takn all the fonts out lol so then my computer wus REALLY messed up...so i immediately shutdown my coomputer n had my fonts back...this time i tryed takn the fonts i thought that didnt belong there out...some went out others wouldnt allow me to delete...some of he fonts there i definately new didnt belong there and i still wasnt able to delete them...argh it wus so annoyng....right now my fonts folder has stuff in that i want out...n i wanted to know if i can somehow reinstall teh whole fonts folder and jsut start over with the fonts that i used to have somehow...help me out

Well I would advise against clearing the fonts folder and starting again, as a lot of programs install their own fonts to use within the application. If you delete the font, the program won't run, or if it does it will look weird.If you are using Windows XP and you have system restore enabled then you could try going backa few restore points to before the time you installed the fonts, but I am not sure if system restore will actually touch the fonts.

hmm...you should to backup default font before adding new font.. maybe you don't know your default font..and sometimes..quantity of font make your computer slowly.

what I suggest is that you do a system restore to right before you installed the font. I had to do that when i installed 5000 fonts, my photoshop crash so instead of deleting them all like that I just did a quick system restore and i was back to where I was.but problem on hand you have to make sure adobe is closed down before install new one's. But other then that fonts are universal in most programs so you shouldn't be a problem with it.

In speaking of clearing out fonts, I usually delete a load of un-necessary fonts from my hard drive since it clears up alot of space. I seriously doubt I need that many, especiallyu since I never use half of them.