xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ComeToLife

My Dog Pukes Regularly what would be the cause of this problem?

my dog vomits after eating

My Dog Pukes Regularly

I have a rescue dog. We have been together for 4 weeks now. She has started to vomit after eating breakfast. It seems after she goes out and has a BM she is able to eat with out vomiting? I have started to give her a spoon of yoguart plain. She has also vomited in the afternoon before dinner a foam. I was thinking she was too hungry. I feed her twice a day. She has a shiny coat and acts normal and active other wise. Should I be concerned?

-reply by farley

I have 15 year old minature schnauzer that has stopped eating for 2-3 days now. She acts excited like she wants to eat but once I put the food down she just stares at it. The few times she has eaten she ends up vomiting several hours later. Her teeth are fine, we brush them every night and she will eat hard dog biscuits. She has slowed down on her walks but I thought it was lack of energy since she is not eating very well, no increase in water intake. She vomited several times in the early am about 1 month ago and the liquid was a really dark brown. Any thoughts/ideas? thanks-question by theresa White

Dog puking very soon after eating. Could it be excessive exercise?

My Dog Pukes Regularly

My dog has started puking right after he eats. He's been doing it for about 4-5 days. We've been out to exercise much more than normal lately. He's a very healthy, strong rott mix and literally runs circles around me when we go out hiking. Maybe he ate something in the woods that is causing this? Is it possible that something is blocking the food from going all the way down? He did devour a whole 8 in bone in about an hour the other day.

I'm really worried about him. I've tried feeding him a little at a time and it seemed like it was working but then he just puked a short time ago.

He acts completely normal otherwise and has a ridiculous amount of energy that a lot of dogs couldn't match. I guess the vet is my best option, but times are tough, and that would hurt me pretty bad financially. He is my best friend though so I guess I have no choice.

=--------------------------=

admin opinion

=--------------------------=

Let him eat a lot of grass :-) I do the same to my dob when his tummy or digestion does not look good.

And yes, Plenty of Water :)

ButtonMy Dog Pukes Regularly

My puppy has puked about 3 times tonight, and he licks it right back up [EWW] =/I know it's not normal and it's the middle of the night, not much I can do about it, I read that it can mean cancer, and lots of other things. I'm scared that my puppy is uber sick and I can't even tell. :(

It might be from a oversized esoughgus . Also walk after meal,NO running or toys, toys excite the jaw which might cause vomit , running works the stomach area which when full causes vomit food or bile up-reply by mr .B

Dog Puking DailyMy Dog Pukes RegularlyI need answers badly, My mom has a Lhasa Apso she's a little over two years old and she pukes daily. Probably 3 times a day.. Some days are better than others but thats about average. We've taken her to two different vets a couples times.. Neither of them can figure it out. They've taken x-rays, done a bunch of tests and still don't know. They say change her food. I don't know how many different kinds of food she's had now. Some of them she will NOT eat. They told us to wait until she ate the food. She ended up going three days without touching the food. So we had to go back to the food she eats. She's not weak or tired. She's seems like an average dog other than the puking. I read somewhere that dogs might puke if they have anxiety...( can dogs have anxiety?) Our dog can seem on the edge sometimes, she's terrified of men with hats, balls, the vacuum, broom, going outside without someone standing at the door.Please help, my parents are getting really frustrated.Oh and she's been doing this for the last year

I have a doberman pinscher that has puked pretty regularly since I got her, well about a week after I got I have taken her to numerous vets and paid well over a thousand on bills and each vet has a different opinion one says she has a megaesophogus which means that her throat is too large and the muscles cant push the food down into the stomach for digestion so in turn she pukes it up and blah blah, but after a little research on my own part ive pretty much cancelled out all of their opinions and come to terms that my dog is just a puker so you could do what I did, which is get a shop vac and use that to clean up the mess it works great then just **** up the main part and put some water over the remnants and you cant even tell it was ever there, in know its a little gross but if you love you dog you gotta do what you gotta do, just make sure you dump out the vacuum otherwise your gaonn have a serious smell on your hands, TRUST ME, the easiest way to do this is just go to the toilet and **** the water out so that it cleans the hose as well then just dump it in and flush it away! I know that this isnt the response you were looking for but if its a regular thing with out a solution than skip first base and find a way to make it less a problem for yourself

dobiexcx

Well, it is the most common problem you have when you get a dog. Seriously. Well i am plannig to have a dog. I love dogs they are so adorable. Well so the condition put my mom is that i have to clean its *BLEEP* myself everyday. Well thats like having a baby. For some 3-4 months you have to take care of it's *BLEEP* then it starts making its teritory and it is always larger than your house so it goes and shits outside. As dogs shits at the corner of their territories. This is how they manage their territories. Well i think you have tolerate that simple innocent for that cute cuddly innocent dog.

My LAb is 17 yrs old and is throwing up her foodMy Dog Pukes Regularly

My Lab is 17 and throws up her dog food. I have changed her to cottage cheese, chicken soup and Instant Mashed Potatoes. She was keeping that down for a few days so I tried a little of her regular food again. I even got Science Diet from the vet and she threw that up also. I am wondering if she can live off the cottage cheese, soup and potaoes. She has hip prablems and I know she has lived a good life but I want to keep her around as long as I can. 

-question by MGKIRBY

Maybe an answerMy Dog Pukes RegularlyOkay, my Lab is 6. All of the sudden last year she started puking. It was more common after eating and drinking. The flags went up when it was everytime she drank water. We took her to the vet and he kept her for the afternoon and took some xrays. He felt there was a restriction between the stomach and the intestines. After all she did get into the trash a few days earlier and got some corn on the cob. After the surgery he found nothing but some swelling between the 2. 1200 dollars... She now takes some antacid 3 times daily and thats only controls it. Internet research says there is some "twisted stomach thing" that causes the same symptoms. As someone stated earlier, they shouldnt get exercised immediately after eating.I hate cleaning up pukeBut we love her more.Any other news anyone got would be appreciated.Jim in oregon

6yo Lab pukes oftenMy Dog Pukes Regularly

I have a yellow lab she is 6yo and she has been throwing up when she eats & drinks like most everyone is saying above.

I gave her chicken & rice one day about a month ago that seemed to work then I started giving her less food at each meal thinking she is eatting to much or too fast. But now she is getting stick again. She ate last night then this morning went out braking at the dogs behind us and came in and threw up the little food that hadnt digested yet and she just kept throwing up the water in her stomach after that. I gave her some pepto before I left for work so I hope that will settle her stomach.

She is eatting Nurtro Max which the vet said is a very good brand of dog food, she has been on that same kind of food since a pup. I don't know what to do but don't want to spend a lot of money for the vet to say they don't know what it is. I just want to make sure its not something serious.

Any advice would be helpful

-reply by yellowlab

Dog regurgitationMy Dog Pukes Regularly

How did the vet find this out about the small intestine spasm. I have taken my dog to the vet and it sounds like the same symptoms. No licking or eating grass but the food that I would have thought would be digested by the next day is what is puked up. I took my dog to the vet and they said give him a pepsid. That it was probably indigestion. But that hasn 't helped. But this has been going on for over a year now. And he isn't looking malnurished.  Thanks in advance.

Puking DogMy Dog Pukes RegularlyEveryday I take my dog out to potty she eats grass and pukes up this yellowish foam and ideas why or what could be the cause of this?-question by Laura Thomas

2 yr old shih tzu pukes oftenMy Dog Pukes Regularly

I have a 2 yr old shih tzu who pukes almost daily or every other day. Our vet had us switch food but it didn't help. He eats alot of grass, but we also catch him eating his own poop when he is in the backyard. We don't know what to do. Any ideas?? 

-reply by Sally

yes I do have a dog that pukes on a rugular basis. I cant stand it.  he doesnt eat grass though. And the stains are hard to get out of the carpet. I cant take him to the vet because I don't have enough money. I don't know what to do srry

-reply by maddie