xisto Community
eTronicGaming

What Do You'll Like Better? PHP or HTML

What's Better: PHP or HTML?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i believe that you have to use both php and html. you cant just use one. i do like php better though because it basically hides your code so that nobody can steal it. but i like html with dhtml and css because that adds a lot of cool design features to your site. also, i feel that html is a lot easier to learn. all you need is notepad and a web browser. where in php, you need the language, notepad, a web browser, and a server application. so to answer this question, i like and use both.

I love both but if i u give me choose, I like html better... Hmm... that's right!! php can do something more html, more function, can be connect with database, easy to use and more... but html is a basic for webmaster. I began learning computer language because of HTML. html support for all!!

I prefer html. I think its easier to learn and most of the tags are self-explanitory. PHP on the other hand, you can do cooler stuff with it that you can't do in HTML. I've known HTML for a while now and I've been tryin to learn PHP but its kinda hard :-\. I picked up on html real quick, its much easier than PHP

it's liek every thing else html is for beginers php rocks you can do soo much more than html so saying that i go with php. you make orums like thsi one using it you make every thing almost nwo html is old now php is way better and newer and newer is better at lest that what i think. So yah PHP is what i am going with go php !!

For me, it?s PHP all the way. There are so many things that PHP can do that HTML cannot do alone. You cannot access databases or store information at all with HTML (as far as I know). You cannot script at all without help from scripting/programming languages (such as PHP). It?s not even the best markup language! XML beats it by far! Another sad part about HTML is that it allow so much room for error. This is usually a good thing. However with constant revisions and higher demands for better markup, those who didn't learn HTML properly are going to be left stranded. HTML is just for beginners. Once you know HTML well, you should move on to something else.

Wait a minute! You can't compare HTML with PHP! It's impossible! The most important issue is that you use PHP to generate HTML code!! So you can't say 'i like php better' nor the other way! PHP automatisates the work with creating HTML sites. So one needs to know HTML to create PHP.

There is no comparition because HTML and PHP have different purposes of use! HTML sites are static - you won't get any difference until you change something in the page's code! And with PHP there are many possible ocasions that will change the content of the generated page! Just to name few - change of time, change of data in the database, change of your status on the web page, when you use logins...

You just can't compare these too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's it. You just said it all ! Clap, clap, clap.

We could maybe talk "ASP or PHP", but "PHP or HTML" noway.

Greetz!

That's it. You just said it all ! Clap, clap, clap.

We could maybe talk "ASP or PHP", but "PHP or HTML" noway.

Greetz!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep.

Saying "HTML or PHP?" is a bit like asking "What do you like best: A computer or a factory that builds computers?". "ASP vs PHP" would work, so would "HTML vs XHTML".

Having said that I will answer both my questions:

ASP vs PHP:

I prefer PHP. ASP is ugly, really ugly. With PHP you at least have some chance to write readable code. There is also a distinct lack of free ASP modules. If you want something that's not in the stock PHP you can often easily get it for free somewhere. If you want the same for ASP you would often have to pay (and I prefer free to non-free :rolleyes: ).

HTML vs XHTML:

This one is actually a bit harder. I very much like the idea behind XHTML, separating the markup and the layout. The problem is of course that the most used browser (IE) can't handle XHTML[1], so if you make a XHTML website you'll be forced to make a HTML copy of it as well. Which really means that unless you are certain a vast majority of your visitors are using modern browsers (gecko-family, perhaps Opera as well (not sure about that though)) you pretty much have to stick with HTML so people with older browsers (IE) don't get tag-soup.

More on XHTML and why you shouldn't send it as text/html: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just my 2p :)

[1] Assuming you are sending the XHTML as application/xhtml+xml and not as text/html. You shouldn't send it as text/html because XHTML is a subset of XML, and therefor breaks away from HTML.

php, god it's got be the best thing that come out i like forever. I thought i was going to die if i had to keep using javascript. I crashed my computer more times than i care to remember trying to get java to do anything really usefull. I like any language that doesn't have to be compiled.

Saying "HTML or PHP?" is a bit like asking "What do you like best: A computer or a factory that builds computers?". "ASP vs PHP" would work, so would "HTML vs XHTML".

Yesh!! I agree that, why they must compare HTML and PHP. When PHP was supported in HTML. People must compare PHP with ASP, it will be right!! :P

the pool is a little strange....it would be better if the pool was:what SSI language you prefer?-ASP-PHPbut,anyway i prefer PHP because it makes creating websites a lot easier...

ya know, PHP requires knowledge of HTML as well. But I like PHPs dynamic cabilities, and how easy it is. You can make an entire HTML page, and then in one spot put a little hit counter. While other things like CGI make you print/printf/cout all your HTML code, and makes it hard to work on the HTML code.