xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gaea

Accessing Ftp/cpanel Before Domain Propagation is it possible?

Hey. I'm pretty sure i already know the answer to this...but I mind as well check.I just registered a domain name (well, actually it encountered an issue, but it'll be registered by tomorrow), and then--being silly--submitted a domain change request here at Xisto. Is there any way for me to access my webspace via ftp or cpanel while i wait for it to propagate in the next few days? Or am i S.O.L. unless I want to spend 30 more credits changing it back and forth.Thanks

Well, do you have a sub-domain at Xisto? If you do, you can just go to username.trap17.com/cpanelBut if you don't have a sub-domain, yea.... I believe you have to wait for the domain to be setup and the dns to change before being able to access ftp/cpanel. Maybe you could try accessing cpanel through like the ip address of the Xisto server? I haven't tried that and NOT at all sure if it would work, but you could try if your desperate.I hope it helps, let me know if I can be of any more service :)

I had a sub-domain but i used the process page to point the server to the domain, not realizing that it'd sever my access completely until the domain switch was finished.Accessing cpanel through ip was a good idea, but i couldn't log in. I'm guessing that was the global host's cpanel (oops), as opposed a general login.No huge worries though. It'll be back in a few days, and i can just develop other content while i wait.