xisto Community
Mortanis

"pool Of Blood" Effect In Photoshop

I was just monkeying around in photoshop, when I discovered this. It was so cool, I thought I should share it with y'all.1. Make a New Document. I used 400x100, but it really doesn't matter what you do.2. Change your foreground colour to #930606 and your background colour to #0000003. Filter -> Render -> Clouds4. Filter -> Distort -> Twirl Here I used 708 degrees, but you may have to do a little guesswork if your image size is different than mine (this applies to all of the steps from now on).5. Filter -> Artistic -> Plastic Wrap Highlight Strength: 18 Detail: 14 Smoothness: 36. Filter -> Distort -> Ripple Ammount: 100% Size: MediumAnd there it is! :( P.S. Don't worry if your "pool of blood" doesn't look that great; because the "cloud" feature is involved, it will always look different. Here's on I did from before:Now, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that I came up with this on my own, and any similarities to other tuts are mere coincidence. Also, this is my first tut ever, so feedback would be most welcome. :(

i saw this posted yesterday during the night, and i was wanting someone to approve it so i could try it out, but i just now got to try it out and it is cool! lol tis pretty cool that you came up with somthing like this all on your own..must have been verry bored!! anyways i like it! i might use it sometime... thanx!!

Posted Image

nice little tutorial had to do some tweaking myself just to get right but im going to play around with it just a bit more and see what i can do.

It's a decent tut, however the plastic rape is too prominent, and sadly the "pool" affect is relegated to a spiral as per the nature of the tutorial. (some creative use of the polar coordinates filter "might" be able to fix it, but not without more work then is necessary i would think.)all in all not bad for a quick affect. (i happen to like dumbledore's a lot more, just the way the clouds formed i suppose.)

well thanx :-D if only it wasn't really a spiral, but just ripples in a circular motion around a certin point, it will look as if a drop of blood or somthing was droped into the origional pool of blood..but i still like how mine turned out and his :-D

Nice tutorial.. pretty cool thing.. maybe need using on some website logos or signature backgrounds.. so pretty cool you made something like that :).. Great Tutorial keep it up :P..

Image use for my book"pool Of Blood" Effect In Photoshop

I would like to use the pool of blood image for a book cover, can you give me permission?

Thank you.

-question by Lena Williamson

I was just monkeying around in photoshop, when I discovered this. It was so cool, I thought I should share it with y'all.
1. Make a New Document. I used 400x100, but it really doesn't matter what you do.

2. Change your foreground colour to #930606 and your background colour to #000000

3. Filter -> Render -> Clouds

4. Filter -> Distort -> Twirl
Here I used 708 degrees, but you may have to do a little guesswork if your image size is different than mine (this applies to all of the steps from now on).

5. Filter -> Artistic -> Plastic Wrap
Highlight Strength: 18
Detail: 14
Smoothness: 3

6. Filter -> Distort -> Ripple
Ammount: 100%
Size: Medium

And there it is! :(

P.S. Don't worry if your "pool of blood" doesn't look that great; because the "cloud" feature is involved, it will always look different. Here's on I did from before:

Now, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that I came up with this on my own, and any similarities to other tuts are mere coincidence. Also, this is my first tut ever, so feedback would be most welcome. :(

thanks for the concept i used it here http://numb1.deviantart.com/art/Trapt-by-QU-with-a-Twist-216216834
i did tweak it a bit with the smudge tool
and i dropped the plastic wrap
thank you very much