xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cena_54

Help With Resolving Account Domain! Site wont show on my Computer.

Apparently, attitudewrestling.co.uk has resolved, my mate can see the new website, which is the host17 front page or something, but im still seeing a cpanel message from the old host. Why is this. I have refreshed, cleared the cookies, and the cache, and tried viewing in IE rather than Firefox. Any ideas?Thanks a lot in advance.

Notice from jlhaslip:
As per Avalon's reply, please be more descriptive in choosing the Topic Title and Description.Read the Xisto readme and Help files for more information. Thanks.
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I am able to see your site too. Only thing I suggest is to try using http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (note the use of 'www')

You also might want to make your topic titles more descriptive, the moderators do not take kindly to this type of title. You will also find you will get a better response from members if you were to use a topic such as 'Please help, I can't access my web site.' Just some friendly advice :(

Thanks, Avalon, I'll change the topic title next.There is a process for the name of your domain to be circulated or 'propagated' across the web. One element involved is the frequency of updating which the ISP (Internet Service Provider) you subscribe to happens to use. Perhaps your mate's ISP updates more frequently. Also, the manner in which they 'cache' the pages has a bearing on the process. If the ISP's server has a copy of the old page, or the web address for an old location in its cache, that is the one you will receive until the update occurs. Furthermore, the web depends on Intermediate Servers along the way from your computer to the page source. They also cache pages and the same thing applies to them. It can get rather complicated sometimes.