xisto Community
dark_drgn

Photoshop Eggs! See if you can find these easter eggs

For those of you who don't know what an easter egg is:An Easter Egg is a hidden feature that bored programmers have put in their software. In general, it is any hidden, entertaining thing that a creator hides in their creation only for their own personal reasons. This can be anything from a hidden list of the developers, to hidden commands, to jokes, to funny animations. So get that image of the easter bunny out of your head!First Egg for Photoshop CS 1 and 21: Make sure you see the layers palette, if not, go to Window then click on Layers.2: In the top right of the layers palette there is a little arrow pointing to the right.3: Hold ALT, click the arrow and click on Palette Options.4. A little window with Merlin and a flower will pop up..Second Egg1. Hold down Ctrl2. Go to Help3. Select About PhotoshopHope you guys are able to find this. Enjoy! :(

I tried the first one. It's impossible to hold ALT while trying to click Pallete options. I tried it normally, and there was a sample pic of wizards and flowers to preview the thumbnail size. It's not really a bonus thing, it's just been there, and you can access it normally. The second one didn't make any sense. I tried holding Ctrl and it still had the same effect as doing it normally... The About Screen showed up and nothing else happened. I'm not sure about how the others got this effect, but I don't think there's anything specialPS: I'm using Photoshop CS2 in a Windows XP OS if that makes any difference.

Edited by icemarle (see edit history)

I was able to see both the eggs without a problem. The first one is a wizard and a flower appearing in a small window with a button that says, "Begone". The second one shows a different image to your normal "About" screen, it has an image called "Dark Matter" on it.

I tried them both and worked great. The second one with Adobe Space Monkey is very funny.

I've read somewhere, on wikipedia I think, about a HP printer that sings Ode to Joy when you hit the POWER button for a number of seconds. Isn't that cool...

Here is the Wikipedia link for easter eggs... Enjoy

Try pressing the required buttons before you do anything... I'm sure it will work!

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

Ok first of all, you have to press and hold the button while you go and click the things. on Macs, its probably the Mac button, if you watch the credits and you click right above where the people are, you should be able to see another egg, if the screen disappears, you did something wrong, if you did it right, the screen should continue. At the end of the credits it?ll say Thanks to our favorite customer: Your Name Here regularly, but if your able to click the thing in between, it?ll give you a bunch of random quotes. If you want it to go by faster hold the alt button.

A friend of mine who has Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended has told me these easter eggs also work on that version of Photoshop, too. I went around his yesterday and got to see this for myself. They're pretty silly, I must say!

I dont think it works in the new cs3, because there is no arrow pointing right on the layers palette and the only thing that the second one does was change the design of the about credits.But nevertheless very cool!