xisto Community
NameChanged10

Sattelite,reseiver(star Sat),coding ....

Hello ,
in This topic first I tell you about RS 232 cable that you must have to upgrade your reciever:
Cable RS 232

Secend about Star-sat Reciever i want to tell you:
go to Menu>STB Status>h/w = ?
if = 2.10 its 1 mb
if = 3.10 or 3.00 its 2 mb
if = 7 its 2 mb
Then go to http://satdw.com/ and download your path and loader (EM upgrade) and Dream loader(for softcam) then read " Guide To Download" to knopw how to upgrade!!

I Will tell sth else if you like!
please tell your Idea about this :(

Although it is not illegal to update your satellite receiver's firmware, it will void the manufacture's warranty if you update your firmware. Please use these above information for educational purpose only.

need help

I tried to update the software of the sr-x4000d using http://www.satdw.com/ but a message appeared on the pc saying the the software is incompatible what should I do

-question by amer

X95 upgrade "problem".

Hello there,

I would apreCiate IT if you would have me emailed back on the issue, how do I upgrade this model of star sat, X95. Also if any Codes work on some channels that won't normally open up.

Thanks.

-reply by Kaveh V.

Who can I enter codes manually into the SR-X4200D

Hello,

I am new to the FTA receivers. I have a starsat SR-X4200D and I need to enter the viaccess codes manually. Can anyone help me how to reach that place. Someone told me that in the Strong receiver he presses 8282 and he is able to change the codes. How can I do this for starsat??

Thank you a million

-reply by Mounir

where i can download new up grade for sr-x95 usb and it open the multi vision chanel in hotberd?Sattelite,reseiver(star Sat),coding ....

where I can download new up grade for sr-x95 usb and it open the multi vision chanel in hotberd?

-question by amin

upgrade receiverSattelite,reseiver(star Sat),coding ....

hi

I want upgrade my receiver SR-X95USB how I can do it please help me . Tanks

-reply by kambiz.J

upgrade SR-X95USBSattelite,reseiver(star Sat),coding ....

I want upgrade my receiver SR-X95USB how I can do it please help me . Tanks

-reply by farzin

Many of new receivers are capable of connection to internet using a LAN cable, so you don't need to worry about the warranty anymore and the process is completely safe but be aware that if you want to upgrade your receiver offline then you should be completely aware of the firmware you have downloaded, may of them are unofficial and this means that with upgrading you will loose you warranty and probably you will loose your receiver too. i think the website in the first post is not a good resource for downloading firmware because it doesn't seem to be the official website of Starsat so maybe upgrading your receiver using their provided firmware can cause many problems for your receiver.In past where the only way of upgrading was RS232 cable the only way that was not voiding you warrant for upgrading was to upgrade from a newer release receiver by connecting them to each other and sending firmware from one to another. but now with help of internet connectivity of usb host you can upgrade your receiver without worrying about the warranty. the website for downloading starsat firmwares is satsw.com which is the official website, if you didn't find any firmware for your device in there it means your receiver is only upgradable by the method i have said before officially, and this means if you download from another place and upgrade using rs232 cable then you will loose your warranty.Receivers will be soon out of order because with help of internet and cable TV you don't need any of them, now you can see many TV using internet and even better than that you can see your favorite thing using video streaming that many websites are providing it, now if you want to see your news you just need to go into the website which you like (BBC , ...) and then see your news using their video streaming service. this is why in some newer models of receivers they have put two functionality in them, one of them is the normal functionality which you see channels using a dish but the second functionality is connecting to internet and to their specified website to see channels online using an internet connection.