xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zythrix

Unwelcome Guests ...I wish theyd leave...

For the last month there has been a steady stream of people coming and going in my townhouse. People just coming for a couple minutes and leaving.. people staying all day.. people staying the night.. and people who just show up and crash for a couple nights and never really leave. This is a 2 bedroom townhouse with a den and there are 5-6 ppl living here with an average of 3-4 ppl crashing overnight. It's mostly due to the fact that ONE of the people who lives here is in a band. It started with the band just practicing here once in a while.. that was ok. Then it got worse when they started bringing big loud amps, drum sets and 3-4 extra people per band member over. Now, they call it "the band house". Really, it's NOT the effin' band's house. Only one member of the band lives here and he doesn't even have a job. This is a home for what should only be 4 people. A HOME!!People walk in without knocking.. someone came in today WITH A HOUSE KEY and I didn't even know him!! I promptly took the key away and kicked him out. I've tried to be nice to these people. I wanted to let them have a cool place to hang out and practice music but now I'm being taken advantage of. So, it's time to start cracking down on people.From now on, nobody stays more than 1 night in a row without paying $20-$50 (based on whether I like the person or not) per night and nobody that isn't a tenant stays for more than 4 days in a row. No loud music when THE WORKING MEMBERS OF THE HOUSEHOLD need to sleep. Nobody getting into my fridge and eating my food, especially when I DONT EVEN KNOW THE PERSON! I'm so tired of it.. =/

i do not blame you charging money for somthing like that, and if not call police trespassing! i woould change all of the locks in the house because if there was one key out there i am sure there are tons more or somthing..lol lock the damned frige, or get one for your room but thats just unbelivable, coming in without knocking,getting in the fridge and eating when i isn't even their foot..they are probably costing you a ton of money with the food disappearing like that..lol i feel sorry for you :( ... crank up the bll on the people

I've lived in 'student housing' like this, but it was never that bad. Someone would visit for the weekend or a couple days, if invited by one of the residents, but it sounds like this is out-of-hand. Better discuss this with the rest of the residents and get it straightened out quickly. Good Luck with it.

Thanks guys, I'll let ya know the outcome. Honestly.. there's 1 or 2 that come over all the time that I really don't mind.. been friends for yrs.. but some of these people I dont even effin' know =/---EDIT---So, I'm down in the garage hangin out with one of the roommates.. and she tells me that the band told her she wasn't allowed in the garage while they were practicing.. time to put a stop to this tonight.. downing some beer to warm up my silver tongue =) This is the fun part..

Edited by Zythrix (see edit history)

Jeeze.. I thought my old place was bad about throwing parties and having people crashing on the couch all the time XD;I guess stuff like this is halfway normal, assuming you're in the 'college student' age/croud, but that seems outta hand. XD;Good luck o.o

I agree with you those people were stepping out of line. I am glad that you have decided to tell these people that they can not just come in your house uninvited and walk all over you like that. I hate how when people who are invited somewhere overstay their welcome as well. It can get just as annoying if not more. Good luck getting all these people to listen.

From now on, nobody stays more than 1 night in a row without paying $20-$50 (based on whether I like the person or not)

That doesn't sound very democratic. If you want to avoid creating more trouble than you already have, I wouldn't have a sliding scale like that. Charge everyone the same or it'll lead to even more bitterness and bad feeling.

Well, this ISN'T a democracy.. they have no rights or priviledges here.. it's not their house. Besides.. if I charge someone more it's because I don't like them and if they get mad enough they won't come over and that's fine with me.

That sounds annoying :\ I would've yelled at them all by now..How is it that the dude who isn't working is living there? And how is it that he thinks he can randomly bring other people to basically live there for free.. o.O Makes no sense. Meh.. once you get mad at them a few times, they'll go away. If not, yell at them some more.. louder.. or something XP Good luck with it, anyways..

Things are nice and quiet around here today =) The girl apologized to everybody in the house. I told her by no means was I accepting her apology and she was going to have to spend some time re-earning some respect. She's been pretty good so far.. asking for things instead of taking.. not bringing extra people over.. bought everbody dinner the last 2 nights. So we'll see if she's actually trying to just brown-nosing. She knows she doesn't have any chances left so for her sake I hope she's trying.

thats good. Somehow I feel that the talk wasn't enough. I feel like your not satisfied with the response. Like there's more that can be done?? am i right? lol.

If I remember right, more than two people can not be in the house per bedroom. So if the townhouse has two bedrooms, no more than four people can "live" there. I think the rules are different if you and the pther people own the place together instead of renting it. Honestly if I were you, I would have either kicked the band "kid" out of the house or charged at least $100 per night to keep people out. Even if only two people stayed a day, you'd make $200 a day. Its an easy $6,000 a month. I recommend somehow getting a lock for the fridge. And maybe you can charge for meals? (You could make good money this way if they don't go away)