xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Private School People think theyre so great

Poll  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am going to be blantly honest and I go to a private school, in Brisbane. BUT, I am NOT RICH, neither do I other people are "second class". Stop assuming that PRIVATE SCHOOL = RICH. IT DOESN'T. We are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from being any where near rich, we live in an ordinary house in an ordinary suburb, we don't normally have much money to "waste" on designer clothes, I am fine in normal everyday stuff. I know the type of people who associate with private schools- celebrities, rich people, politicians etc. but you will find that most people in there are your average joes working 5 days a week living in the suburbs, who just want their kids to get a good education. Thats the reason my parents sent me to a private school- education, NOT to look like some wanna be rich geek.I've seen it all, I went to Primary school at a state school, those were the most fun times of my life, I really fitted in, and school was more enjoyable, but high school at a private school is just dullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, education education education galore.... if private school was fun my parents wouldnt have sent me there.^^ Trap Feedbacker, I agree 100% with everything you just said. Just because we can try to get a good education doesnt mean you should whine like a 5 year old. Don't be judgemental, what you think isnt what is true. Most people at our school *MOST* would respect non privates just as much as privates, it doesnt make a difference.Is what I am trying to say make sense???

That is really true. I have to catch a bus with 2 private schools, "the private of the privates*" every day, and you should see how annoying they are!They shout on the bus, take 2 seats each, they shove their bags in the walkway and think they own everything. Once, there was a guy who brough 5 iPods to school! Why do you need so many? He only had like 200 songs.*Private of the Privates in Australia is Kings School

Apparently private schools and public school students get pretty much the same education, but the private schools have way more resources. The extra money has to go somewhere. I know people who go to private schools and they dont say they are better or smarter at all. Its just another type of school, so what? I also think that every student is responsible for his/her education. I personally think you can learn from a text book than from teacher, and its the students responsibility to learn themselves rather than the teacher putting in all the world for your education. I goto a public school and still wear a uniform. I actually prefer a uniform.

Replying to Trap FeedBackerI agree with this. I go to a private school in Australia and the uniform makes me feel as if I belong somewhere. My family is not extremely well off like some of the families at my school (which pisses me off really bad sometimes) but I do think in Australia, it is worth the money going to a private or catholic school for high school.-reply by alex

reading this topic alot and stereotyping and generalizations are common.why are you against private school people? because some are snobs, childish?are you doing the same thing? i have been private schooled most of my life and i have a lot of friends that are public schooled and no discrimination about it.one bad seed in a bag doesn't mean that all the seeds are bad

You can't honestly blame the students attending the school for being stuck up and arrogant about where they get their education. First of all, take into consideration the types of parents they might have. Is it really some kid's fault that their parents make them go to some school where there's automatic toilets and the average classroom size is 10 students? In most cases the answer is no. Parents want the best for their children (well, most of the time...) and if they have the money to afford the best, they'll deliver. Now, even if it isn't the parents' fault (although, how many children really grow up wanting to go to a private school?) think about the policies and rules at the private school. Dress codes, no real freedom, and teachers who watch each student like a hawk watching its prey. I went to a private school from pre-school (Yes, they actually have private pre-schools) all the way to 6th grade until I told my parents that I wanted to go to a school where there was a larger community of people to associate with, and where I could actually see what real life was like. Real life isn't perfectly organized and a real school doesn't have 99% of the students getting straight A's. Real life is about learning from mistakes, and a real school's average is more like in the B range. The curriculum at a school usually influences on the students who attend it, and don't allow the students to lead their real goals. All of that being said, are you still angry at the stuck-up kids who attend private schools and think they're better than everyone else, or do you now realize that instead of despising their arrogance that you should pity them for not being able to make their own decisions? :o

Indeed, you can't really generalize based on what school a person goes to. It's not really the student's choice; the parents are the ones paying for it, they decide. For awhile I too thought I hated private school people because I was jealous and didn't want to go to my crappy school, but when high school came around, many of my friends went off to private school. And they were still the same people.(But I remained jealous)