xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Private School People think theyre so great

Poll  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so I hate how people who go to private school think they're so much better than people who go to public school! Who cares if you have 10 people per class or your own laptop? Just because you're paying twenty-thousand buck$ to go to some hoity-toity academy shmacademy doesn't mean that you are better than people who can't afford a private school!People who gloat about their wealth can take their little uniforms and SHOVE IT UP SOMEWHERE THAT I CAN'T SAY OTHERWISE IT WILL GET BLEEPED OR I WILL BE KICKED OFF Xisto FOREVER

yup, i would agree, because one..unfiroms i hate >_< lol plus i dont think it is right that people who can afford somthing over other people should be allowed to go to a private school...i think that anyone and everyone should have to go to a public school no matter how rich or poor they are..but then again we would have the preppy arses in our schools making them even worse/stupider... so i would just as well have them stay at their fancy smancy pricate school..but they can still loose their cursed attitude!!

Wow. Talk about sterotypes and generalizations to the max.

I go to private school. My school is in the top 10 acedemic and athletic private schools in the state of Virginia.

Some facts you should know:

We have no school laptops.

We have 20-23 person classes.

We play every sport most public schools do, and we are number one in the state in Football (american), tennis, and track.

We don't have uniforms.

I don't think I am better then a person who goes to public school. I think a lot of people think "we" think that. But, acedemically, there is some basis in fact. Not because of the intelligence of the students, but the quality of teachers.

Do I have a "cursed attitude"?

I think that anyone and everyone should have to go to a public school no matter how rich or poor they are

My parents' families were lower class citizens. My parents worked their tails off to get way up to this monetary level. Why can they not send me to a school where I am almost guaranteed a good education? Edited by htdefiant (see edit history)

I think that you are over reacting a lot. It is possible that people who go to private schools do get a better education because of the factors you mentioned. I think that these people have no right to say that they are better or smarter than you though. You should just not listen to them. If you do not let them bother you they will realize its never going to bug you and they will be quiet about it.

I think that you are over reacting a lot. It is possible that people who go to private schools do get a better education because of the factors you mentioned. I think that these people have no right to say that they are better or smarter than you though. You should just not listen to them. If you do not let them bother you they will realize its never going to bug you and they will be quiet about it.

I am overreacting? Or semeticsister and Dumbeldore? Sorry, it really wasn't clear to me from your post. :(

I think schools that are all boys schools or all girls schools are bad. I don't really see the point in them. But as for private schools that are for both male and female i dont see the problem, they get the same social rights as public schools, just they actually try to get a good education where as in public schools people go their just to be social and don't always take their grades into concideration. But i think the WORST is homeschooling, i find those kids to be the most annoying lonley kids ever. They have no friends because they are homeschooled, they are completly unaware of anything social because they are homeschooled, if they do have friends they are from the internet and they become wrapped up into the internet and that IS their life, and that is NOT healthy. Kids need to be around other kids, and homeschooling is just by far the worst idea. I understand why some people would want homeschooling, but if you just dont want to go to a regular school because of 'differences' between you and other kids, that is just stupid because there will ALWAYS be differences, you might as well not live if you cant even handle going to a school. But as for the original post, i think sometimes private school kids can be 'snobs' but, its like that at any school someone always thinks they are better than everyone else.

From my point of view ( :( )

Public Schools

Dell 600m Laptops (with blocks, and 2nd in entire US for security and management, next to NASA)

Bus Transportation

Different Types of Peope

Poor | Middle | Rich

Different Backrounds

Often criticized about certian things

No Fees (payed by taxes)

Good schools

Good programs (tech wise)

Private Schools

Preppy

Dress Code

No Laptops ( :( )

Mostly Rich, Upper Class

Not Much Diversity

More upscale food, buildings, overall aspect (due to that you pay so much $$$)

Smart People that care (sorta good)

Kids thats parents will buy there way through life (sometimes)

Well you can see I favor public schools. Where I go to school in VA is great. We have Dell 600m's and we are the 2nd in the Nation (US) that uses as much technologly next to N.A.S.A. (space ppl). Thats crazy and I think that you should go to public and private schools and see what works the best for you. I mean I went to private and then to public, but public was fun. You meet so many people from so many diverise backrounds and you have people that care, people that slack off, so much more action. Its great. But Private is good too. You really have to balance it out. :( To make it work.

Sorry if I offended everyone, but most of the above is true. Sorta like the firefox vs. mozilla wars that happen all over the place. Private Vs. Public! :(

I used to go to a private school (I'm graduated from college now), and I don't see anything wrong with people going with private schools. I think the only advantage of going to private schools are that you will be ahead of "most" public schools. And...not all private school kids are snobby.

i kno i was a bit harsh up there..lol..just most the private school people i know are all preeps..but from the sounds of it not all of them are..but i do take back some of the mean stuff i said up there..i still think everyone should go to public school :(

i'm currently studying in a government (i wouldn't call it public) university, but mind you, our school is our country's source of the brightest minds (and it's the country's state university). i also came from a government school back in high school. it's a science high school, that's why i'm more inclined towards science (but that's not the issue right here). i attended a private school when i was in grade school, and i should say that it's a lot different from that of the government schools. but i know that both can produce students who excel in different ways. it's just that when we talk about private versus public, there's always an issue of the distinction between the wealthy and the not. but i know a lot of people who are wealthy but they study on public/government schools because some of the public schools here are way better than the private schools when it comes to quality of education. but there are private schools that are well known because they offer good quality like those of their equivalent on public schools. but of course, these private schools are only accessible to those who are higher on the financial status ladder.but then again, even in these institutions, the division between the wealthy and the not is obvious (and some people are exaggerating on things). i know it's unavoidable, and even i sometimes feel the same way.

Those private school students think that because they got more money to spend for their schooling they are more intellegent than those from the public schools. How narrow minded!!Here in the Philippines, the public school students from elementary (or grade school) upto colllege are being subsidized by the government. The tuition fees are the same as those being payed by the rich kids, but we only pay a small amount. The teachings are very much the same, but most often their facilities are more advanced.Our teachers at public schools are licensed board exams passers, unlike those teachers at private schools - they could start teaching at schools without passing the board exams. Board examinations set the standard for the quality of teaching.I am proud to say that I AM A PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENT!

but there are private school students who are very bright. the only difference is that most of them are rich. but let's not be judgemental. it's not fair if we stereotype those kids who study in private school, because we don't know if all of them are rich. it's just sad that there are a lot of rich kids who look down on others below their financial status.

i went to public school and had quite a few friends from private schools and must say they are definately different people in different environments, i know people say not to stereotype but i have found the private school kids to be quite stuck up and "*BLEEP*ier"

i have found the private school kids to be quite stuck up and "*BLEEP*ier"

what do you mean by 'bleep-ier'? probably because of the way these people were brought up, and how they interact with other people, either rich or not.

you are right, maybe we have just stereotyped these private school students. I also have friends from these groups and most of them are well mannered. But there are those who would actually look at you as if they are the only children of God, those who would likely say "Do not talk to me, because we are not the same" stuff. And when lining at the grocery cashier, they would stand proud as if they are the ones who could only afford to buy and pay for something. They would boastfully walk in their uniforms as if it is the badge to say "Hey, we are rich!"