xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Private School People think theyre so great

Poll  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think private school kids in general are snobs. I think preppies(those who go to a preperatory school) are more of the snobbish kind.Public schools have their stereotypes too, and as a former public school student, I've found many of them to be fairly true - many kids who are ignorant of things, valley girls, groups that shun people out of it, etc.

Public schools and the Department of Education are leading America straight to the height of stupidity. We're falling behind faster than ever compared to the rest of the world. Those are facts. Look them up if you don't believe me. I went to all public schools, btw. It's the private schools and home schoolers who are saving a little tiny number of people from living in complete blissful ignorance. So you can go ahead and hate them, despise them, be jealous of them, but take the time some day to thank them for working so hard so you didn't have to.

What did you learn today?

I agree with you in one sense but not in another. I think that children should be bought up in diversity and different cultures, for life experience. That probably doesn't happen in most private schools, mostly because you have to have enough money to go there. I think it is your parents choice to what school you go to (private or public), but neither catagory should be generalised saying that all private school kids are "up themselves" sort of thing. Although most kids in private school are like that, it's not their fault. It is the way the have been bought up - it's not their fault or for anyone to judge.I do think it is wrong that people pay their way through life though. For example, just because you have money you can get off a waiting list and have surgery, I think that is morally wrong, although if you have the money you should be able to do what you like with it.It is a bit harsh that you generalised the private schools though. And most private schools do have laptops. I think that that statement would be the other way around, that Private schools have the laptops and Public Schools don't. Even though my school (public) has laptops and computers.I just think we all should be greatful for what we have and not judge books by their covers.

I've been in private schools most my life. It's been 7th day adventist schools so we definantly aren't rich. But we have enough money to get by thanks to my dad.My school was never fancy. I don't know much about other private schools though. But I did notice the kids in private schools are often more rude than public school. But I always found I got a better education in a private school.

I went to a private school in elementary school. I hated it. You had a lot of attention on you because there weren't as many people in a class as public schools. If you did something wrong, you were likely to get caught. They asked for a crap load of money for building new additions to the school and church. It was annyoing. I mean, most of us a rich enough to go to the school, but extra money for a school that we were going to eventually leave? The tuition was outragous, by the way. Anyways, do you think the majority of us CHOOSE to be in these school? Obviously, my parents made me go to privte school, because they wanted religion in my life. Transition from private to public school was hell; I didn't know anyone, and knew nothing about the real world. Seeing that people "did bad things" was a real surprise for me. Now that I'm more used to public school, I see that public really was more useful to me in life than private school in terms of what I have learned for life. I'm pretty sure the subjects are the same level in private and public schools.

i went to a private school but we didn't have a dress code or anything like that it was just small than other school. there was only 100 and some students in k4-8th grade and it was ok the kid there were kind of d-bags though

Not everyone should go to public school. Not everyone should go to private school. Not everyone should be homeschooled. There are different types of education because there are different types of students. And as far as this "everyone should go to public school" thing: does that include college/university education? Should people not be allowed to attend the Ivy league schools? Nah. That would suck. People have the right to choose where they go to school. If they want to pay more for a Harvard or a Yale degree, then that's their business.But that same freedom applies to parents and K-12 kids. If Mom and Dad can afford to pay twenty grand a year for a kid's private education, then good for them. If they can't or won't, then that's fine too. Whatever is legal and benefits the kid.

Excuse me, I go to one of the best private schools in NYC, and I think you public-schoolers are making alot of unfair, cruel generalizations. Maybe some people who go to private schoolers think they are better but they are prejudiced and don't listen to them. Me and lots of other people who go to private schools are not responsible for their unjust actions.I agree with htdefiant who posted. I don't think I am better than any one who goes to a public school - we also have a bunch of people in our classes, 14-25. It ranges that much. Not everyone has their own lap top, many do, but not most.Please be a little more fair.

Public Schools

Dell 600m Laptops (with blocks, and 2nd in entire US for security and management, next to NASA)

Bus Transportation

Different Types of Peope

Poor | Middle | Rich

Different Backrounds

Often criticized about certian things

No Fees (payed by taxes)

Good schools

Good programs (tech wise)

Private Schools

Preppy

Dress Code

No Laptops ( :lol: )

Mostly Rich, Upper Class

Not Much Diversity

More upscale food, buildings, overall aspect (due to that you pay so much $$$)

Smart People that care (sorta good)

Kids thats parents will buy there way through life (sometimes)

...This is not true. I go to a private school and we have modern awesome laptops. There is lots of diversity. And there are lots of racial backgrounds. And we don't "buy our way through life" all the time. Whether you mean that as offense or not it's not true. This was a quite ignorant post

Theres NO private high schools or middle schools in our city. But I do think your being a little prejudice, since you can't say this about everyone. Not everyone that goes to a private school is stuck-up are they? NOPE, just because a majority in your area doesn't mean they are. I'm not sticking up for people that go to private schools, simply cuz there shouldnt be anything to stick up with them for. Ive never been to one, but really i dont think its fair you guys are making all these prejudice remarks against people that go to private schools. Therefore im not gonna vote in this poll.

Theres NO private high schools or middle schools in our city. But I do think your being a little prejudice, since you can't say this about everyone. Not everyone that goes to a private school is stuck-up are they? NOPE, just because a majority in your area doesn't mean they are. I'm not sticking up for people that go to private schools, simply cuz there shouldnt be anything to stick up with them for. Ive never been to one, but really i dont think its fair you guys are making all these prejudice remarks against people that go to private schools. Therefore im not gonna vote in this poll.

Hey nol... =)

I go to private school, and trust me..... I'm not how most of you describe ^^, as nol.... *nol.. if you don't tell them something good.. your gettin git*

Hey nol... =)

I go to private school, and trust me..... I'm not how most of you describe ^^, as nol.... *nol.. if you don't tell them something good.. your gettin git*

I don't understand that last statement. Anyways...if you want a government controlled school system, go to china. They have everything controlled, if you want choices stay here. There shouldn't be anybody saying anything about public schoolers being stupid, and nothing about private schoolers being smart, because thats not true at all. For example, thats like saying all caucasions, african, asian, latino, etc are all something, thats the same thing and it all comes down to people being prejudice, and stereotype.

I went to a public high school and I'm attending a private college...and I don't really notice any difference in the people! Both places I had classmates poorer, classmates at about the same place as me, and classmates who wouldn't know what work was if it bit them on their rear! I don't think you can judge people just because they go to a private school or a public school. And, by the way, the State of Indiana and my school are paying my tuition because I'm below a certain income bracket, so not everyone that goes to a private school is rich!

GOD I AM SICK OF POOR PEOPLE STARTING ANTI-RICH PEOPLE COMMENTS!Get over it. No one cares about what you think. I used to go to a private school, now i go to a public school, and i have to say, public school is wayyyy more fun than private. Get over it. If they can pay for a better education, don't whine and be jealous.

I don't know what country you're from, but in Australia, public AND private school kids wear uniforms. Maybe you don't know this, but it's compulsory students wear uniforms to create equality, so peers DON'T feel bad about not having money to buy designer attire.If people REALLY wanted to show off their wealth, they would send their designer clad children to public school.Not sure if you know this, but these uniforms weren't actually made for insulting you, the world isn't against you.So stop blaming the world for your insecurities.Bye bye.