xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Mysql Down

KINDLY UPDATE MYSQL ISSUES IN THIS THREAD. IT IS BEING TRACKED AND YOUR ISSUES WILL BE ADDRESSED PROMPTLY. THE MOST RECOMMENDED METHOD IS MAILING SUPPORT AT Xisto - Web Hosting DOT COM. REFRAIN FROM CREATING NEW TOPICS. - OpaQue

My MYSQL database is down....AGAIN

(domain: etailcanada.ca)

My site runs on Joomla, and guess what, I need MySQL for the site to function!

Please advise me about this... ASAP.......

And i just noticed that i dont have the Web Stats in my cPanel, please enable this! i need it...

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

i really have no say in this but i am going to say what was said before which was not to long ago by an admin and a mod

OpaQue said before "We upgraded mySQL to 4.1. We are working on it. Once things are fixed, we would dispatch a mass email. Anyway, it has been fixed." and jlhaslips, a mod here said "some creep is messing with the Database and has messed it up.. "

but the only thing you can do is wait for an admin reply, but you can also go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and submit a support ticket which i highly suggest you do...probably not for the first time about the problem but still.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

We are getting close to setup the monitoring equipments. At the moment, I am making sure that no (service) downtime lasts more than 15 mins.

then what the hell is down keeping my website from being up?????? its been 11 HOURS AND STILL GOING FIX IT!!!!This is very sad!!!! Calling your self a host..

There is more to having your site up than the mysql database being available. The Web is pretty complex and the problem could be anywhere along the route to the server or back. There could be caching of the address somewhere along the path which is reporting the mysql error. Maybe right at your Browser, even. Maybe post your address here and see if others can access it. The blockage might be from your ISP or somewhere in between. We can't tell if we don't have a URL to test.
Also, the correct method for this problem is not to come here and rant. There is a support desk which should be used. Check for a pinned topic at the top of this sub-forum. Members of this Forum and the Mods do not have access to the Database and can't correct the server problems. We can only share our web experiences with you and suggest corrective measures.
I suggest you contact support at Xisto - Web Hosting.

as of post date/time:

etailcanada.ca... working.

Posted Image

teamext.net... working.

(although it's just a tagbox this time, with indications of being "owned" by some old "buddy" named kasted. won't post a screenshot anymore, since some restricted words can be seen there. if you can't stand those words, don't blame me, you've been forewarned. :().

pingdynamix.com... working.

(shows Ventrilo Control Panel. this domain however, is not even pointed to Xisto - Web Hosting nameservers. unless sitelutions.com is also part of the xisto network, is it? :().

then what the hell is down keeping my website from being up?????? its been 11 HOURS AND STILL GOING FIX IT!!!!This is very sad!!!! Calling your self a host..

1. Don't act like a joke.
2. Ever hear of patience?
3. People like to mess around with stuff, sometimes its a member who causes the trouble, not OpaQue's fault.
4. Improve your reputation while you can you're now at a low point.

did you ever consider a script could be hanging on your site? or someone elses site which would cause some issues.

but Hey you have cpanel and a little link that says server status, when you click it has green or red little images which tells you what is up or down.

Now if the row with MySQL is "RED" then that means it is down

if it is "GREEN" that means it is up.

yesterday MySQL was working fine as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which is hosted on it has 2 MySQL Databases both were accessible through PHPMyADMIN.

Now when you get MySQL Errors that can't connect to database that means more or less MySQL is down.

if you get link lost that means there was some network issues between the hosting server and the database server.

then what the hell is down keeping my website from being up?????? its been 11 HOURS AND STILL GOING FIX IT!!!!

This is very sad!!!! Calling your self a host..

I think I've found that when support say "it's not the SQL severs" or even "it's not the servers generally" it actually is.

I've spent all night asking people i know on IM whether they can get two of the domains I just started hosting here [paid system, not free] after thinking it was something else... and it's not. I've had 2 weeks of failed page requests and I'm leaving.

One honest element of this service is they give a month to try the place and also allow access after you move. All i've learned is that cheaper end hosting means the companies have to over-stretch what they can offer. In the end we'd all prefer to pay a bit more and get decent uptime.

NB: Like the OP, I too use joomla and it's been god-awful getting the DBase to react. There again my index pages are NOT sql driven and they don't come back half the time.

Laters...

ELfWave

did you ever consider a script could be hanging on your site? or someone elses site which would cause some issues.

but Hey you have cpanel and a little link that says server status, when you click it has green or red little images which tells you what is up or down.

Wrong... the service status stuff seems to mean little in my experience.

I think I've found that when support say "it's not the SQL severs" or even "it's not the servers generally" it actually is.
I've spent all night asking people i know on IM whether they can get two of the domains I just started hosting here [paid system, not free] after thinking it was something else... and it's not. I've had 2 weeks of failed page requests and I'm leaving.

One honest element of this service is they give a month to try the place and also allow access after you move. All i've learned is that cheaper end hosting means the companies have to over-stretch what they can offer. In the end we'd all prefer to pay a bit more and get decent uptime.

NB: Like the OP, I too use joomla and it's been god-awful getting the DBase to react. There again my index pages are NOT sql driven and they don't come back half the time.

Laters...

ELfWave
Wrong... the service status stuff seems to mean little in my experience.

domain name?

Ticket ID if you posted a support ticket ?

We had a network outage from the datacenter. Now this is someting we usually cannot avoid. We give the best what we have to offer. But if the DC suffers and outage, There is nothing we can actually do.

I have ordered 3 more servers in the block. Things are getting delayed since an additional rack is being setup. So, I have no other option than to sit and wait. I appologize for the inconvenience..