xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

Topics That Annoy Me Millions of replies = waste of time

Every now and then, I find one of these topics around the forum asking what people do. I usually reply, and over time, the amount of replies in that thread really adds up, and I don't really have the time to go and disable the reply notifications of all these topics. It's like every member of the forum replies to it. I get really annoyed, because I get areply notofications for every topic I post in, and I have to get by those in my email (Gmail does weird things with the Xisto notofications, grouping all the notofications of a day into one conversation) just to see the ones that are worthwhile reading. Examples of such topics:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9154-leaving-your-computer-on-is-this-good-for-it/
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/32573-what-do-you-enter-in-google-the-most-or-any-other-search-engine/
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/32571-do-you-read-other-peoples-posts-before-joining-discussion/
And more to come....
These are good examples of pointless topics. They don't really serve a purpose by existing (and their reply notifications taking up space in my inbox).

well, a simple way to get rid of them is by shutting of topic reply notification permenatly, and only selecting the oens that you want replys to...for instance when you reply to the post at the botton it gives you three Post Options

Enable emoticons?, Enable signature? and Enable email notification of replies?

simply select the Enable email notification of replies

Posted Image

but yea they can get annoying and may be pointless, but it is a way for the members to get the hosting credits that they need....lol

YES! now im at 400 posts watch out Saint_Michael im catching up!

If I set my settings so that I don't get reply notifications, I will surely forget to enable it for all the topics that seem good. When I post into one of these threads, it's mostly before it gets tons of posts (like I make the 5th or 6th reply in it), and when it does, I'm already sucked into it. I find it a pain in the *** to go and disable the notifications for just one topic.

Unsubscribing:--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

That can take an exra 5 minutes of my precious :lol: time, since the pageload times here aren't exactly as fast as light.

It is against forum rules to disrespect, ridicule or criticize other member or member's post using this forum. I will not caution you again. Play nice with all our members. This forum is to build and help one another. There's no point in placing blame or finger on something or someone. In fact, this very topic was created to make a point of pointless topic is disconcerting. There are certainly better ways of making our forum the elite of all other forums. And I believe this is not the way.This topic is closed.