xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

Do You Guys Remember A User Named Alapidus? bad news...

He was a user here. He had the site gamefaqselite.trap17.com. He was a good coder and well respected.
Sadly he died recently. His father posted on digital pandemic message boards (lue2)

alapidus was Avi Lapidus, b. 12/15/90. died 2/23/06.
I am sad to inform this board that my son, Avi Lapidus, age 15, died a week ago today of acute onset diabetes.

We had no idea of his activities here until his older brother discovered it yesterday. He then had an MSN and phone conversation with kaok, who was stunned by the news.

During the weeks preceding his death, I had been warning Avi of the need to improve his grades, because if he wanted to be a programmer, he would need to graduate college due to the increasing competition for jobs.

He cheerfully ignored me, because little did I know what kaok and most of you had known for a long time...

Please feel free to write me, Jay Lapidus, at jlapidus@snet.net

Notice from serverph:
corrected date of his passing.

dp topic

I just thought I would let you guys know.

it is ashame that he died, i never knew him, but it is a sad loss for his father, family and friends, i am sure that the admins on Xisto will somehow commerate his death maybe...

alapidus' Xisto profile is here.

from Xisto records, he last logged-in here june of 2005, and his last post was march of 2005 (almost a year already).

though i have not known him in the course of his stay here in Xisto, i'm still saddened by the news of his parting. such a young age to die, and with great promise even. i wish him peace where he is now, and i thank him for the times he spent and the thoughts he shared with us here at Xisto. bon voyage to the great beyond, alapidus.

yeah its a total bummer one of our own passes away we should put his name as a honorary Moderator of the forums what do you guys think?Let his name join the elite of elite here at Xisto.com?

Sounds good S&M that would probably be one of the best ways to commerate him.ALthough i did not know him it is ashame he died

Oh! that is sad news. I didnt know him...as I joined on 23rd july 2005.But at such a young age..it is very sad. May God bless his soul!

OMG! This is soo disturbing. I do remember creating this site gamefaqselite.trap17.com.There were some conflicts with the domain and we had two similar domains like those. Its soo disturbing that he passed away at such a young age. I pray my best wishes to him and his family to help them cope with this ugly phase of life.. :lol:May God bless his soul and his family..

bad news...i am so sorry to hear this.although i did not know him before,he had been a member of our community after all.it is too pity that he could not achieve his life goal and out of world at a young age :) ...i bless his soul and family as well...hope everything goes well.