xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Unlimited Cpanel Options Vs Limited Why is there a difference between mine and a friends?

Ok..well i have my domain orderofhogwarts.be

and my friend has a doman of hogwartsmagic.net

and on mine for the general website info i have this lsited

Domain name orderofhogwarts.be Hosting package Beta
Subdomains 0 / unlimited
Parked Domains 0 / unlimited
Addon Domains 0 / unlimited
Mysql databases 3 / unlimited
PostgreSQL Databases 0 / unlimited
Disk usage 7.79 / 150.00 MB
SQL Disk usage 0.48 MB
Disk space available 142.21 MB
Bandwidth usage 28.55 / 5120 MB
Email accounts: 0 / unlimited
Email forwarders: 0 / unlimited
Autoresponders: 0 / unlimited
Email filters 0 / unlimited
Mailing lists: 0 / unlimited
FTP accounts 0 / unlimited

i hope posting that doesn't breach anything. but...on my friends account he shows this

Domain name hogwartsmagic.net Hosting package Beta
Subdomains 0 / 99
Parked Domains 0 / 9
Addon Domains 0 / 9
Mysql databases 6 / 99
PostgreSQL Databases 0 / 99
Disk usage 56.71 / 150.00 MB
SQL Disk usage 2.14 MB
Disk space available 93.29 MB
Bandwidth usage 306.06 / 5120 MB
Email accounts: 2 / 99
Email forwarders: 1 / unlimited
Mailing lists: 0 / 99
FTP accounts 1 / 99

for mine, i have unlimited, but for his its limited on some things, and we were wondering why this is happening?

i had told him that it might have to do with the host that we went with to get the domain name..i got mine from the free .be domain site which is closed now and he got his from Yahoo!

so is it somthing to do with Xisto, or where we got out domain names from?

This is not domain name related. It's how Xisto hosting service and setting are provided. More on this will be answered by OpaQue. But I believe it has to do with when you activated your hosting (before the cPanel change and after).But seriously, do you need more than 99 sub-domains? :lol: I can see why mailing list has a limit--due to spam abuse. Although I can see the limitation to parked and addon number being restricted but this is for Xisto service agreements--you cannot use your free hosting to run another hosting service(s).Let's wait and see...

allright, thanks for your answer i guess all i can do is wait for OpaQue's response..and we were just wondering because we were just talking about what kind of options we had (even though we have the same thing pretty much except for the limited) but thanx again for answering quickly! now we wait :lol:

The only thing I can think of is what buffalo said, something to do with when each of you guys joined. My guess is that you joined before your friend when everything was unlimited, and then when your friend joined.... the admins changed it to limited.The only other thing I could think of, though I don't think this is is, is maybe the rank you are on the forum.... Meaning how many posts you have made. So after you made so many posts, the admins will assume you are responsible and should recieve unlimited of everything. Where as someone that has not that many posts yet won't have unlimited.Just a couple ideas, one of the admins should be able to answer the question.

if i may ask xjedix on your cpanel do you have unlimited or limited stuff? just because you are in the range of the middle of the both of us..so maybe if you have limited its because your post count is low..or maybe because you have unlimited its because you were a member wayy before he got here

The only other thing I could think of, though I don't think this is is, is maybe the rank you are on the forum.... Meaning how many posts you have made.

:lol: I don't think that's the case since my cPanel shows limited numbers of aforementioned functions.

:lol: I don't think that's the case since my cPanel shows limited numbers of aforementioned functions.

lol, just an idea that I thought of.... didn't think it would actually be that :\

But yea, mine is limited too..... Maybe yours is just special :P

Subdomains 1 / 99 Parked Domains 0 / 9
Addon Domains 1 / 9
Mysql databases 1 / 99
PostgreSQL Databases 0 / 99
Disk usage 113.00 / 150.00 MB
SQL Disk usage 14.85 MB
Disk space available 37.00 MB
Bandwidth usage 1716.06 / 5120 MB
Email accounts: 3 / 99
Email forwarders: 1 / unlimited
Mailing lists: 0 / 99
FTP accounts 2 / 99

Heh, i need to clean up the directories..... and delete some backups to make more free space :P

i feel special..i feel really special..so this leaves out the post count thing really because of what BuffaloHELP said...and how long the member has been here..maybe OpaQue likes me :-D ok well i just wait for his reply then

im sorry for double posting, but its in hopes someone will see this sometime before it gets burried too deep..but jsut an FYI My hosting was approved on January 12th, 2006 and my friends was approved on January 23rd, 2006..now i dont know when the "server change" or whatever it was happened but the info above might help

Regardless to approval date, it's the activation date. However, since we are catering to the idea that a shift in new server may be causing these anomalies, the server shift date was January 23, 2006. Sit tight until OpaQue can answer this better. He is very busy.