xisto Community
delivi

Boost Up Dial Up Speed How to increase Internet dailup speed

Is there any way to increase the speed of the dailup connection speed?If you know any way please help me.Which is the best download acclerator to fasten downloads.

if you are more into "data" in sites you visit online (like news, etc.), you can turn off loading of images in your browser. :lol: that would free up some of the load your online connection has to endure.as for download accelerators, can't suggest anything to "efficiently" speed up your connection. have tried some apps before, but found them to have negligible effect on my dial-up connection, at least for me. see how tweaking your dial-up network will work for you. just google-search using the following keywords: "tweak DUN". at least worth a try to see how it works for you. :P

I didnt try any of those dialup speed ups... But i remember that my friend who played WarCraft a lot, when used some program called Modem booster, he had a much much better connection, and his WarCraft didnt lag that much as it used to be.And my other friends tryed that and didnt felt any better connection.So its not sure that it would work for you, meybe it speedup your connection maybe not.It worth of try i think.

If I'm not mistaken, modem booster sets a few vital system values. Most internet tweeking devices are built for windows 89-me, as those systems were confugured for dial-up and people with broadband didn't experiance the best results. The guy who played warcraft probably had his set to a braodband setting, and then changing it back to dial-up otimoum settings would have helped. Have you ever read "will speed up your downloads 300%"? Forr dial-up no such program exists. A download accelerator will download multiple parts of the same file, if possable from diffrent servers. Some servers will only send a certian % of their bandwidth for each connection. Therefor you can speed up your connection by splitting your download. The problam with that is that you (and me) being on dialup probably are already using the most your internet can accept. I personaly use the Free Download Manager, but it really is personal preference, as they won't speed up your download.Some ISP's will compress data only if your modem can decompress it. So check to see if your ISP/modem support compression. This won't affect your images much, but a site like this might just load faster.And if you have money to spend, and time to waist, get a second phone line, a second modem, and configure your computer to use both modems at the same time, appentrily it's possable. But I wouldn't know how to do it.

There's really only very little you can do to boost the speed of a dial-up connection. Although preventing images from loading or caching all content and other such things will decrease the page load time, they obviously don't increase the connection speed.The real limitating problem is the underlying physical hardware on which a dial-up connection operates (including the phone line). Other than upgrading to a faster technology (such as ISDN or xDSL), which unfortunately isn't an option for everyone, there isn't anything you can do to significantly increase the actual speed of a standard 56kbps dial-up connection (which, in some - or most? - cases, actually operates at less than 56kbps).

1.Speeding up a dial-up connection is relative to the context in which it is used. 2.When I set my connection speed to 38.4kbs it sems to give a more even flow of data.I determined this by starting at the lowest posible setting and working up.If Windows says that I connected at the given speed then I switch to the next higher setting and repeat.I get to 56k and it says connected at 40k so I set it to 38.4k which seems to be a very reliable setting.I don't know if this is an exact science or not, but it is the way I did it :P.3.Caching items on your hard drive is sufficient for the average user who only knows how or wants to connect to check their email and perhaps look at Yahoo!4.GoZilla download manager has never given me a bad download.5.I have found external modems to be more reliable than internal.As for the technical reason for that, there probably is none,it's just luck, :lol:

2.When I set my connection speed to 38.4kbs it sems to give a more even flow of data.I determined this by starting at the lowest posible setting and working up.If Windows says that I connected at the given speed then I switch to the next higher setting and repeat.I get to 56k and it says connected at 40k so I set it to 38.4k which seems to be a very reliable setting.I don't know if this is an exact science or not, but it is the way I did it cool.gif

The faster (and more) a dialup connection is transferring, the more prone it is to data loss and corruption. Hence why a slower speed created a more 'even flow of data.' Reading what your saying, go just lower then your max limit, and you should get a better connection... True.

Modem Booster - it does work (well it did for me). Speed Connect also works well. Because of a more even flow of data, I actually do get more infomation, roughly 5-7mb more per hour.

Hey man , To Boost up the Dial up speed,

Do the following.........

For:

WinME Win95 and Win98

-----To do this click on your start button, then go to Search then open up Dial Up

Networking, then right click on your connection,Go to Properties then where the modem is

located(Tellin you wut modem you are using)Hit Configure, Next click on Connection, and

locate the Advaced button click on it and see where it says Extra Settings Type This:

at&fx

Then hit apply, then close it out, and disconect from your internet, and then start it back

up...your connection speedwill be 5 times more...It made mine boost up from 45,200BPS to

115,200BPS-----

For:

WinXP WinCE and Win2000

-----Right click on "My Computer" then go to "Properties" then go to "Hardware" then go to

"Device Manager" then go to "Modems" Then select that tab so it scrolls down, then go to

your modem, and right click and go to "Properties" then go to "Advanced" Then in the box

saying "Extra Settings/Extra Initialization Commands" type in that box:

at&fx

--then click ok then ok again and exit out of everything, disconect from tha internet and

reconnect and you will be connected at a faster speed. you wouold be connected at 42,200KBPS

and now your new connection will be 100,200KBPS?

Another trick:

ncrease the speed your modem connects.

1. Click start.

2. Click control panel.

3. Click modems.

4. Click properties.

5. Click the connection tab.

6. Click advanced.

7. In the extra settings dialog box add the string S11=40.

8. Click Ok.

I hope u will satisfy with me.

Try That : (Windows Xp )

1-Open Start
2-Open Control Panel
3-Choose Phone and Modem Options
4-Go to Modems Tab
5-Choose your modem then press properties button or press right muse button then choose properties
6-Choose Advanced Tab
7-In The Extra Initialization commands Type : AT&FX
8- Restart your computer then connect to the internet.
Note : This command should increase your internet speed from 56 KB to 116 KB. but it will only affect on your browsing speed not the downloading that means that you will browse with 116 KB Speed but you will download in the normal speed

For the DSL Users they can try this program that should increase their speed:
( DSL Speed ) Download from this site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am Sure that this way will not harm your computer but i am not sure it will really work and speed up your browsing.