xisto Community
midnitesun

Why Do Men Read Women's Magazines ?

well this is everybody's secret isnt it that men used to love to read magazines and articles that are specifically intended for women .It's amazing but it's true and most of us do it secretly ,is it because we want to know secrets about women we cant ask from them ? well i thought i might ask for your views on this subject as i myself can't answer the reasons :lol:

Men dont read them but watch them in the magazines. Mostly those magazines talk about fashion, health, exercises etc. I personally talked to many men regarding this in past. They said, they like to watch good models, thats all.

haha most men won't admit to reading the articles or anything in magazines such as Cosmo, etc. The truth is, we read them to learn about women AND to look at the models =) . Even magazines that are just about fashion and women's life tell a lot about the female psyche. It doesn't need to be full of just 100 UBER SUPER SECRET FACTS to be informative.

It can be true, many men not only look at the pictures in those women magazines but they also read carefully. There could be many reasons behind this. Let me just list them down point by point:1. Men are curious to know everything about women, from their dress, to their liking, the latest trend, and so on.2. Many women magazine includes women's health and men are interested to read them because they understand them better that way.3. Usually women magazines contain many good pictures of famous models or actresses which they also want to have a look at.:lol:

I didn't knew men like to read magazines dedicated to women! I mean, why would you wanna know about how to deal with your period (they dont have that problem) Or what make up to wear? Which shoes are hot, and what lingerie is not?!I do read men magezines, not the men magazine with naked women content (I can look in the mirror to see that), but I find men magazines more interesting. I mean women magazines are full of make up and fashion *BLEEP*, I can't come up 1 magazine that has interesting topics and news articles or political articles, that men magazine does have!I like Quest, It's a magazine full of answers to questions you never thought of, or always wanted to know the answer to! Lots of knowledge! hahahaha If you dont know it, you should try it sometime, very interesting magazine!

As I said, it doesn't need to have lists of facts about women.. just seeing the kinds of things they're interested in reading tells us more than we knew previously. heh we need everything we can get!

yeah but what are you gaining with that? that's waisting time if you ask me! I mean. I thought magazine are made for people who are interested in it, not for people who like to read what others are interested in! ahahahhaa

Ha! Then you don't realize the full value of a magazine! heheYou'd be amazed at what you can find in one when you "READ" it instead of just 'reading' it...

I occasionally glance inside a womens magazine if it's just lying around, a men has to know how to treat his women. Understanding what a women goes through in periods and such is enlightening in how to treat her. It builds sympathy to the female perspective. Plus what better place to find out what pleasures a women then a magazine writting about activities women enjoy. Women's magazines are a miracle gift for men.

There are also articles on relationships in those magazines. Maybe guys want to see what sort of views we girls have on things? When we try to follow something like a "15 ways to get a guy to do whatever you want" article, they will be able to pick up on our trickery. haha

as many have said, maybe they can get ideals, or like advice kinda things from it...they can see what women like to wear or somthing lol, i dunno i guess its jsut a lil wierd, i dont read magazines, any of them...lol so i wouldn't really know

it's funny that most of the people said that men read women's magazines because guys just wanted to look at the models ,but if you want to look at models there are certainly more hot and more specific magazines only with that kind of stuff so i still believe there's some other purpose why we guys seem to be hooked to women's magazines . :lol: