xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnitesun

Add 8gb To Your Mobile

US Modular is going to offer memory expansion to Mobile phones with MicroSD or T-Flash slot. The US Modular Stik & Stor uses a similar concept as the hard-drive expansion for the Sony PSP. It runs a short cable inside the MicroSD or T-Flash slot of the phone connecting a small unit carrying the storage. Phones like the Samsung D600 or Motorola ROKR are supported. Bundled software lets you directly access the storage via a PC. I do not think the phones internal media players would work seamlessly with this additional storage. The Stik & Stor is supposed to be available still this month. The 4GB and 8GB versions use a micro-drive. The 1GB and 2GB use flash memory.

wow 8GB for a mobile phone is really alot. What's there anyway to store in a mobile phones besides games and less-frequently used applications? But it think it will be useful in future as technology advances. Definately large storage demands will be needed.I guess PDA phones will benefit the most from this.. PDA phone owners can now carry the entire office along with him. There issn't a need to consider the space required to store anything. 8GB is way alot for a mobile office. Probably installing Linux on it will be possible and becomes a mobile computer, smaller than conventional notebooks.

What's there anyway to store in a mobile phones besides games and less-frequently used applications?

A large number of phones now have MP3 players built in, and can also store and display digital camera photos, even those transferred from a normal digital camera. This rapidly bumps up the storage requirements if you want to use these to their full. 8GB is loads, and goes above and beyond many MP3 players on the market at the moment. As the graphics quality and processing power of mobile phones increases there will certainly be a demand for greater storage, but it's not exactly necessary now.

But thhink a bout it a SD 2GB memory stick cost arioun 200$ a 8 GB would me like 600$ 700$ so the cxard would worth a computer with 200GB hard drive lol id rather buy a computer and that surely mean the Memory will cost more then the Cell phone itself its kind off that Printer thing the printer cartrigdes cost less then the cartrigdes itself .... that is another Wacky Invention

that sounds awesome. the only thing that sounds bad is taht its hanging outta of the phone..? i think.. lol i dindnt really understand wat u were trying to say. but i wouldnt have a cable thingy hangning outta of my phone just for 8GB of space. 1gb is fine for my mobby... just for pics few short clips and music. i have other music players i'd use over my phone... i really dont see teh need for 8gb ona a phoe as of yet. would be useful in future though.

I really cat imagine what I could do with 8gb in a cell phone.... Yeah right! I think I maybe seeing mp3 players in the garbage now. With 8 gb you can carry a decent amount of mp3s and games. Though with having something hang out of the phone? Well I would rather stick to 2gb for now, as the sd card will also work with a lot of other things.

the new sony ericson phone (dont know the model) has a couple gigs i think built in for music, i think particularly mp3's. this is good stuff. we'll soon be able to brings tons of stuff around without a premium price (ipods)