xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tt3

Address Bar Help

I've got a problem! My address bar still has some history of typed addresses, even after I've cleared my history and Autocomplete. I believe I probably typed these into from A "My Documents" window or something. Does anyone know how to clear it?

It should work if you have cleared all web addresses and forms and stuff. If autocomplete is on it will start saving them again as soon as you start to type in addresses again. You could always just turn autocomplete off for web addresses alltogether or all forms for that matter if you have a shared computer. Just uncheck it.

What Browser?Some browsers show the directory path and file name when you type 'about:cache' in the address bar. Use that to find your cache and delete it. The 'autocomplete' is also browser dependant, so I'll post what i can find later, after I find it, but we really need to know which Browser you are using.

I am thinking it is Internet Explorer because I think that is the only browser in which it is called Auto Complete because in firefox it is just general web forms and stuff I belive. I am not sure about any other browser though.

Yes to stop this you need to switch off your automcompletion. Do this by tools in internet explorer then internet options, then goto the content tab then press autocomple, then untick all of the boxes then press ok then ok again that should fix it