xisto Community
Ascaron

Cs: Source Vs Cs 1.6

I don't like Source, couse of the non-realistic moves, laggy gameplay, too much effects and so on. So I will stay with CS 1.6 :rolleyes:

lol you're blaming Source for "laggy gameplay" and too much effects etc?
Well THAT'S SOURCE man, a NEW AND SHINY ENGINE.

And OK people I have to admit - YES - The RECOIL has been 'softened', I've played both 1.6 and CSS a lot, so I speak of more experience than the average user here which seems to just have started on ONE of the games.

The 1.6 and Source 'Wall' will always be big , some fanboys just won't turn over to css because of the huge difference (yes I can understand that, it totally is!) and others think it's a "nooby" game. But a LOT of GREAT players have gone to CSS, and everyone I know likes it in a way or two! Don't DENY THAT CS: SOURCE IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE!

I think of it this way - Let the 1.6 people STICK to 1.6 - And let us Source people STICK to Source. That way no one will be pissed off at anyone, War Solved.

By the way; You 1.6 gamers heard of CSPromod? It's a newly released Source Modification to make Source more 'OnePointSixy' (1.6 like), the graphic effects are almost gone which leads to one hell of an FPS rate improvement, and recoil yata yata has been made more 1.6 like. Not only that - THey've even REMADE the Maps to be just like in Counter Strike 1.6!
So give it a try, after my last time I played it it was in Beta - But wait a while I think this is gonna be great (despite the REALLY buggy beta version).

CSPromod Website

i have cs 1.5, 1.6 condition zero and source, they are all fantastic games but it would have to be counter-strike source for me gameplay is better graphics are pretty good what more can you want

i like source better now becaue the last time i played 1.6 there were so many people hacking at least 1 on every server i played. i love source they game is so much more realistic and its a bit harder to play and master...so far i've gotten a server and set it up so i can play cal and i wouldnt go back for anything i threw my other one away.lol

Source sucks

I like counterstrike 1,6 more, couse there it's long battle. And you have to shoot many shots before your enemy dies, in cs source, I shot kills the enemy, and you get hs everytime, just aim and you get hs, so it dosnt mayttter if your a noob or a pro, just luck. Damn, any1 wanna trade mine cs source agains cs 1.6 ? tired of getting powned

Actually it is a known fact that the source engine has massive bugs, the hit boxes are the size of golf balls, you can shoo the guys knee and get a hs thats how big it is.And to the person who said that 1.6 took over 1.5.The only reason it did that is because steam bought out valve and forced everyone to switch to 1.6, if they hadn't done that you would have a lot more players on 1.5 still.-reply by twitchy

I have both games and I think counterstrike 1.6 is better because although counterstrike source has better graphics compared to counterstrike 1.6 lol...CS 1.6 has better gameplay.-reply by uyujmyujnythnh

Which is better?

The answer is definitely source.

Not only does it look nicer, but it feels nicer too and plays out a lot more realistically. The engine is far superior and thus makes the game more enjoyable.

In an average server, I will be 4 or 5 kills to every death. My first time switching to source, I didn't notice anything, my kill : death ratio remained the same.

Also source removed the pointless primary/secondary ammo. A good decision. For 20$, source is an amazing deal, because just like 1.6, you'll play it so often that you'll get your money's worth out of it (unlike many **** 50/60 $ games out today).

If you have a decent computer, source is where you want to be.

-reply by 1.6 Vs Source

Yea, I think Source is way better. I like 1.6 too, I have been playing 1.6 for a while but when I saw my bro playing source I had to get it. I couldnt at the time becuz my comp couldnt run it, so I didnt do the gay thing and say the game sucks just cuz I couldnt play it. I have it now and it rocks, I still enjoy 1.6 though.-reply by *almost

Source

People have different opinions. People who start on 1.6 might like it better because they have gotten attached to it and used to the gameplay.. So then source is a completely different game but with the same basis.

Me? I started on source so I preffer it. I played 1.6 and couldnt stand how **** it looked and I sucked *bottom* at it because I was used to source, but everyones opinion is different I guess ^^

Source ftw though =P

-reply by Danglies

I've got both on my steam account, gotta say that Counter-Strike: Source is way much better than 1.6 reason being that source is played by more people, the maps are more complex (especially the surfmaps [my fav]), and of course the graphics are ten times better. Oh and if ur a fpsbanana fan u would know that there is 8 times more custom skins for CS:S.

I use both as well, but honestly? I think source is by far better. It's got more skins, better graphics, a good number of players/servers and there aren't many HUGE adjustments from 1.6. Once I switched, it only took me about one hour to get used to it. Regarding the idea of buying the game all over again, well, isn't it like that with all games? When you saw CS 1.5, you knew there would be a 1.6, right? well there you go. Source is like "counter strike 2". There's always going to be a next version, that really should be obvious.

The idea is that Counter-Strike 1.6 is used at big competition like WCG :lol: and the best players in the world are playing Counter-Strike 1.6 . Counter-Strike Source will need a long time to rise at Counter-Strike 1.6 level even that it's better then him .

Well I like both games but if I still played CS I would probably keep playing 1.6 because of the nature of the game and the "just plain awesome game play"But I don't play CS or CSS anymore, I play Team fortress 2 :-)-reply by Sup4hkeela