xisto Community
Ascaron

Cs: Source Vs Cs 1.6

Although I like them both, I primarily play 1.6 and CZ because in source, the hitboxes are easier and no one knows how to play.I know thats a sweeping generalization, but for real, most people I see in source dont plant the bomb or rescue hostages. They run around guns blazing, without any sort of tactics or planning. In the rare occasions they do plant the bomb, they dont guard it. Whenever they do, they are labeled "camping noob lamers"Also, people tend to be more angry and verbally explicit about their feelings in source. They go crazy overboard with it.bottom line, source is full of immature little kids. I didn't say ALL people were, but from my experience, theres more than a handful of em.Just yesterday I had to TK a numbskull on my team in 1.6. Dust2, 2v2, refusing to plant, and the one CT left alive was nowhere to be found. We had already run from B to A, and then he was running back down Long towards T spawn, so I gave him a headshot with the AWP and planted.I wouldn't have done it if he wasn't such an idiot... But the fact of the matter is that boneheads play 1.6 too.I've played both games competitively for multiple seasons of CAL.1.6 is the better game, but it has no future. Especially with the recent CGS announcements and a handful of top 1.6 teams switching to Source.Both are fun, but right now 1.6 is still the better game. As Source evolves more and some important bugs and animation glitches are fixed, it will eventually overtake 1.6.

This is actually a very hard choice for me personally. I like that Counter-strike 1.6 has a lot more mods that you can play with so it keeps the game pretty upbeat and fun to play because of the variation. I also find it a lot harder to kill people in that game compared to Counter-Strike: Source. Both games have its ups and downs. I love the graphics they used for source, but the fact that they don't have as many mods for source, or custom skins makes the game pretty repetitive. The game is pretty realistic however so that is an upside. I have been playing source lately but that doesn't mean that I don't like 1.6 anymore. To me comparing between the two games is a bit of a toss up. Jester

Counter-Strike 1.5 was the best version of CSThat was before VALVe created steam and destroyed what they had createdSteam is to me officially the end of counter strike that is why i play non steamand i wish my cs1.5 still worked...man that game was fun

CS: Source (is in my opinion) becoming (if not already) the most popular game out of the two.

1.6 has had a big community, and there still is - But as time go, people upgrade, some can't simply because it's their "Nature" not to.

Maybe it would be because of a bad computer, but we know most people (like me) has a DECENT computer which can run CS: Source on ATLEAST lowest graphical setting.

Half Life 2 came along with CS: Source in 2004 - Yes! 2004 people! That's 3 LONG years ago, and look how many players there are today!

I say the Counter Strike Series are like a "sign" of the best games in the world.

The big difference is between the recoil. Most "newb" players in Counterstrike 1.6 switch to Source due to the hardness to control their recoil. Source is basically a way to escape the recoil that 1.6 has put in. Also source is basically a spraying noob festival. Everybody is spraying while running and it requires no skill whatsoever. Most source players say "Oh the graphics own 1.6 and the recoil is the same". The reality if you test it is that the AK47 ( High Recoil gun in 1.6) in Source has the same recoil as a MP5 Navy in 1.6 (which is basically a no recoil gun). So that is the major difference, Recoil.

I haven't had a chance to play source yet... I am not so sure my computer will run it regardless (amd athlon 1800+, 728mb ram, 128mb radeon 9200se)... regardless... I have played 1.5, 1.6 and CZ. We used to play 1.5 at school on the networks during class all the time, which was fun.Now, I would recommend anyone with 1.6 to update to CZ because it runs' on the same engine but it has better graphics/modified levels. Sometimes finding the perfect level you want can suck. Like I was looking for a rotation map server, not too many fun maps, pub, 50< ping, with rankstats. A place i could call home and only found one server that usually only has between 10-20 people. I found anice server but it didnt have rankstats so it 'turned' me off. Other than the server selection (there are hundreds still), CZ is definately the way to go if your not a source fan or can't get source due to computer specs.

By the way the game isn't dying...there are more people getting in css than cs 1.6 for sure, thats because they just LOVE THE GREAT GRAPHICS (WHOOPDEDOO). for us cs veterans, we really dont care for graphics, ive started with 1.3 beta, and 1.5. if i wanted a game with graphics, i'd get a 360. There is a HUGE difference between CS and other FPS games. For example: spamm through the wall...well this is COUNTER STRIKE not your CALL OF DUTY. Thats probably why there's more people playing counter strike because it is a unique game. What CSS did is that it made it more like Battlefield2, COD, and some other fps games. Guess that's what really ticks off cs players. It really comes down to all opinion, so lets not judge which game is better, i'd like to think of it as two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES. I PERSONALLY THINK CSS IS A DISGRACE TO COUNTER STRIKE. When somebody says they play counter strike and how he "owns" i ask him which version of cs. He says css. i laugh and walk away.Well over 50% of the Counterstrike community (CS,CZ,CSS) Still play CS 1.6, and a large proportion of that play CS 1.6 competativly. I have noticed that a large amount of the prizemoney is located around CS 1.6 too. Also the computers provided at large LAN events are of such a high spec, even those just running CS 1.6 tourneys. Even though the computers are well capable of running much more hungry games. Also a lot of privatly owned computers will have been souley upgraded simpley so they can imprve their performance within CS 1.6 so it will run at the best possable frame rates and visual appeal. So you really havn't justified what you mentioned.Also you go see some professional CS 1.6 players, you will notice that they may only play CS 1.6, but do they have a bare minimum computer? No. They will have a top of the range PC, just so they can achieve the best quality and performance as i mentioned earlier. So if a tourney was held for CS with a top of the range PC up for grabs, people would still enter so they can win the PC, and also use the PC to get even better performance that they could use on their current PC, even if the game is of a much lower Spec.Also would you want to play on a game with a PC that only just has enough power to run the game? Or would you like to use a PC that can max out the game and get several hundred FPS with great eye-candy effects.And the fact is, Yes CS is Old, but its still twice as popular as CSS as the stats tell you, even though CSS has better graphics and everything. Doesnt this tell you that graphics arnt everything....CSS just ISN'T Counter-Strike any more, they've twisted and played with the engine so much its now a totally irrelevant game in comparison to 1.6 The physics, world features.. map layouts - have all changed which make dramatic changes the games overall gameplay. It doesn't have the same edge as CS 1.6 - its way to easy, with minimum recoil and performs terribly. CS 1.6 is still growing in popularity, purely because its more competitive and not aimed at the 'beginners'. CSS might as well be renamed to something else, because they've made to many changes for it to be CS anymore. Thats my opinion, and its shared with thousands of other players.CSS: graphics based, I guess it's ok to be a 12 year old noob who plays game for graphics. Thats my opinion. Stay above the influence, play the real counter strike, not the poser."1.6 is so childish" i know its your opinion but cs1.6 takes way more skill...as far as i know...children like good graphics...so which one is childish LOL

Edited by aimex (see edit history)

I don't like Source, couse of the non-realistic moves, laggy gameplay, too much effects and so on. So I will stay with CS 1.6 :)

Me too, I am stiil playing CS 1.6 at now.

For the lovers of the real Counters Strike , that came up with their better version 1.5 then 1.6 this is the preferend no disscusion , but for the "noobies " in all the games they like source because of his gameplay , visual efects and so long

Ive been playing CSX on the Xbox for nearly a year now,of which i have enjoyed greatly as hacking/cheating is very rare and its a popular game.I never played the original CS on the Half Life engine,but i wish i did!
I bought Half Life 2 on the 29th of Decembre 2004 and i was instantly playing CSS and not Half Life 2,why?Ill tell you why,Half Life is a good game,but a single player game with never be able to match the tension and fun levals of an online game.As AI bots usually react on the same paths,but playing against real other players is imense and has been since the days of early network games,Doom,Quake etc.

But to play this game at its best possible leval you will need a fairly good or new PC,so dont buy if you arent sure,TRY THE DEMO!

Online,CSS is amazing.Requiring strategy,teamwork and skill.Dont expect not to get called a no0b.As standard CSS contains around 10 maps,but this is only the tip of the iceberg and the modding community is HUGE.

The concept of the game is basicly two teams,Counter terrorists(CT) and Terrorists(T).The game is played in rounds,and to win the round your team has obejectives.

CT Objectives : Eliminate all remaining enemys,rescua all surviving hostages or difuse the armed bomb.

T Objectives : Eliminate all remaining enemys,protect the hostages from being rescued and plant the bomb,but be sure that it has time to go off.

CSS contains many weapons,from Pistols to Auto Snipers.The weapons have to be bought win imaginery cash($) at the start of each round.The amount of cash you and your team has depends on the events of the previous round.Just say i got 4 kills last round and resued all the hostages.Now ive just goten my team lots of money by winning the round,as i rescued all remaining hostages.And i also got myself some more extra cash as i killed enemys in the last round.

There are only a few downsides to CSS one of them is the usual PC game crashes,not everyone will experience these,but im sure they will if they play frequently.Hacking?Cheating and Glitches are known to be explointed in PC games and CSS isnt an exception.Cheating is fairly common,but dont let this put you off.

If you didnt already know,Counter Strike Source is ran through Valve Softwares(the creaters of half Life and CS) popular service,Steam.Steam is yet to have an anti-cheat system,commonly known as VAC,but Punkbuster is there.

There are always 1000's of servers open and waiting for new players in the daytime and many,many more at night.So you wont be lost to finding a good,friendly server.You also get a free Half Life 2 deathamtch style multiplayer game,title Half life 2 deathmatch which is also tense,much like unreal tournament.

NOTE : Please note that broadband is reconmended for online play(prefferably 256k up,and 256K down).If you still have 56K or lower,dont be put off as its possible to still have a good time.You just might experience slowdown,aka LAG.

Overall Counter strike source for the PC is an excellent game which you should have in your gaming collection if possible!

Notice from rvalkass:

You already posted this over at Xisto. Even if it is your own work, if you've already posted it before you need to QUOTE it.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/90739-counter-strike-source-what-do-you-think/

I already tried the two games and I think each of them has its qualities and faults, not one better than the other. I already play Counter Strike 1.6 since it was released and had played contain Strike 1.5 before then as I play the long cs 1.6 no change to Source. The Counter Strike Source and a game very real, with a gameplay incredible.In my opinion I think the game that best fits to all the people and the 1.6 because it requires a computer with fewer resources and offers much emotion than the Counter strike source. :rolleyes:

Edited by xtype (see edit history)