xisto Community
vblk

X-box 360 Defects Major DEfects

I don't know if this section of the forum went over this but for all the others. GET THIS the xbox 360 is alegetly told to have some major defects on it! Well according the reporter of the magazine i just read, X BOX 360 users all over the world have been flooding bill gates with mails that thier XBOX 360's are constanly getting heated up (and stuck) and alot of other flas as well. How ever bill gates has ACCEPTED the defects and talled that"all new consoles coming out had defects on them for the first year" (not sure if that's exactly what he said) So, Any XBOX 360 user had this defect?Tell me,

:huh: I don't know for sure if every 360 X-Box has that defect. What I heard is almost the same thing you wrote, that they were gettign hot fast. Here in Mexico, some say that the manufacturers have already changed the cooling system, so it works now just fine. I hope someone around could tell us the truth, however, I am willing to wait until the next version of the X-Box, wich I really hope will have fixed problems the 360 has now. ;)

I think the main issue with the XBox 360s is user stupidity. Neither me nor any of my friends have been affected by the 'issues' with the 360s. I have read that alot of people are have problems but I think the problems are isolated. The reason the stories are everywhere is due to excessive media attention. Besides, if a user has issues with the 360, Microsoft will pay overnight shipping to and from the repair center. I think Microsoft has done well as far as hardware goes; software (games) are a different issue.

xBox - 360 processor is so hot and powerful the xbox can't really handle it for what they wished for. This is actually overwelming the processor because they put higher output then what he can actually give, they amay give updates and refixes because of the recent fries, however, I don't suggest getting it until its all fixed up!

Not every xbox 360 has those defects. I bought one when it first came out like alot of other people. My xbox has NEVER froze on me yet. I played the first say i got it for 10 hours straight and nothing went wrong. But latley i have noticed that it takes longer to load the game and i start to get choppy and laggy parts. I thought that this was either a dirty lens or game. I checked both and they didnt have a scratch on it. So i am wondering if anyone is experiencing slow and choppy proformance after a while. I started having this problem about a week after i bought the console. As for the freezing up because it overheats i havent had that problem. If i did i would just replace the cooling fan with a new and stronger one but i dont know.

My husband is the editor for a gaming magazine here in New Zealand and gets inside information. Yes there is sometimes a heating problem. The 360 is a pretty sophisticated machine jammed into a relatively small box and most people seem to be too stupid to understand that you need 6" of clearance around it as per the instructions. I also read somewhere that some people have found that the overheating problem just seems to be a 'breaking-in' problem that is fixed by leaving the 360 on for about 36-48 hours. Microsoft fully anticipated that there would be faulty 360s released as any electronics manufacturers do - they can't test every one. But so far, the returns of faulty 360s has been lower than their original estimates. I heard rumours (unverified) that the 360 has had less returns than the PS2 did when it was first released.

In my experience at any rate, especially PCs, the majority of problems are user created ones. We have owned so many PCs it's not funny, as well as 3 Xboxs, a PS2, a Dreamcast, a PS1, a Nintendo DS and a PSP and never had problems with any of them (apart from one PC that got zapped during a lightning storm). On the other hand, some of our PC-challenged family members have (quite literally) constant problems. At any rate, even if you do have problems with your 360, it's no big deal to get a replacement.

Microsoft made it big with advertisment making a lot of risky hard to get unvaling dates. Thus having lots of bugy equipment at first. Soon they will send out some bug fixes fixing everything for free..... All the bugs I have heard of include: Overheating but I have heard it was because the people who owned them put it on its side like a traditional gaming system instead of like a PC(but I dont know), Disks melting inside the game, this one seems the least possible but could very well happen, I dont have one, and the most worrysome(for me) is the rumour that some of the up coming games will be so advanced graphicly it will be impossible to play them on televisions that arent plasma, flat screen or high definition. HEHE my first post!!! :huh:

By them doing that they loose alot of businees. When i got an original X-Box a while after it came out. All of the games star freezing and giving errors. Know with the new ones people are getting melted disks. Imagine waitting in a big line to get your brand new x-box 360 and talking it out of the box and plugging it in and seeing it doesnt work. Or even seeing that your disk inside is melting. Mircosofyt really shouldnt release stuff if they know that it is all buggy like that. They just should have said we are sorry we are delaying it but its for you people that want a reliable system. Yea some people would have been upset but at least a whole lot of system woulnt be all ruined and defective.

Well, since you guys are on the topics of defects, I do not know if this is true or not, but I have been hearing it a lot recently. The Xbox 360 does not have much of a backwards compatibility, most of the games, when they were made, were not planning on making their games backwards compatible, only a few of the games from the original Xbox will play on the 360, like halo, and halo2 of course. I do not know this to be fully true, but i figured that i would let anyone know that has not heard already.

The words Microsoft and "things not too polished" are always joint. They?ll never create something good at the first time. I?d never buy something of Microsoft unless it is on sale an enough amount of time to be sure that there are people that have suffered the bugs and M$ have had time to fix them. What Am I saying? I wouldn?t buy anyway. :(

I dont have one, and the most worrysome(for me) is the rumour that some of the up coming games will be so advanced graphicly it will be impossible to play them on televisions that arent plasma, flat screen or high definition

Definitely not true - the games won't look as good on normal tvs but they do work!

Mircosofyt really shouldnt release stuff if they know that it is all buggy like that

All electronics companies know that some of their products are going to be defective when sold because they cannot test each and every single product they make. That said, the number of defective 360s was lower than Microsoft thought which goes to show that Microsoft has had better manufacturing and quality control then most other electronics companies. Before goibng on at the 360s problem, what about the majors that Sony had with their PS2s, how first the laser was screwed and then the oscillator died. There was a far bigger occurence of those then the 360 overheating.

The Xbox 360 does not have much of a backwards compatibility, most of the games, when they were made, were not planning on making their games backwards compatible, only a few of the games from the original Xbox will play on the 360, like halo, and halo2 of course. I do not know this to be fully true, but i figured that i would let anyone know that has not heard already.

Not true. They are releasing batches of 'patches' (emulators essentially) for games about every three months so more and more games will be able to be played as time goes by.
Once again, my husband works for a gaming magazine and gets inside info direct from companies like Microsoft - this is not "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who read it in a forum" crap - this is for real information!

Two of my friends have purchased the xbox 360 and both had issues with freezing. Whenever they were really getting into a game BAM it would freeze or reset. After taking a look on the net I saw that the power supply was really starting to over heat, so I simply lifted it up from the ground allowing air to circulate all around it (mainly giving air to the bottom) and then the problems with freezing stopped. I tried this with my other friend and it also fixed his freezing issue. This may not be the absolute fix for everyone, but it definitely works in some situations.