xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Password Protecting A Flash Drive AKA A USB Memory Drive

Ok, well i bought this Flash Disk and it is basicly a portable memory stick that you can plug into the USB Drives of computers, and i have stuff on there i want protectd, and i waswondering if anyone knows of any software that i can put on there to pasword protect EVERYTHING that is in the drive, for example when i open the drive it required me to type a password in, any help would be much appreciated thanx! i have not been able to find one and i have been searching for a while

Try not to lock your flask drive. Because this can cause you lost your data. I mean that if one day you forgot you password. What could be happen?My also have a flash drive, I have important data inside the flask drive too. But didn't locked the information through whole flash drive. I use .zip (or other compress format / program) to encrypt the file.If you encrypt the file with compress program, it is more secure. If one day you forget your password, nevermind, just use password breaker. Then you may open your password.

Any decent zip program will do the job for you. All you are looking for is a zip program that has password protection capabilities.

This question USB protect password

Password Protecting A Flash Drive

Hi,

You can try "PenProtect" to secure data stored in a USB Flash Drive with a password and AES 256 encryption. PenProtect requires no installation, is a single file in the home folder!

The look is very nice. You can find PenProtect here: http://www.penprotect.com/.

Alex

-reply by Alex

I have flash drive but I forget the password is there one here Can give a good solution how to edit my password=thnx=-reply by Nomer

You can loose important data if you forget your password to your zip/rar/file storage. If you loose the password to encrypted data you will not be able to get it back. Another form of password protection would be a program called USB Lost and Found. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ You can setup your flash drive to autorun lock down and it requires a password and denies user access.

-reply by SolidReviews

Free portable encryption toolPassword Protecting A Flash Drive

Rohos Mini Drive creates hidden and encryptedPartition on the USB flash drive memory. This free portable partitionEncryption tool allows you working with files on the hidden partitionWithout opening a special program. Those who have megabytes ofSensitive files on the USB drive and seriously concerned with a dataSecurity, cannot imagine their USB stick without the hidden volume thatIs created using this tool - http://www.rohos.com/products/rohos-mini-drive/

-reply by Kanner