xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WDSnav

Tips For Making New Friends What do you do when you have no friends

You can make a friend my being nice and being yourselves also you can smile when you walk bt people. A smile can warm up someones day-secertgirl

why do I feel so depresed

Tips For Making New Friends

I have gone with no friends 4 days and I am so depresed all ready my friends have adbandoned me and have no new friends but as soon as the bullies hear that thay aren't my friends I'm dead. Can some one help me?

-question by down town

I know how you except people don't really bully me I tried to talk to people and make new friends but nobody likes me maybe cause voice is is very low hate that so sometimes I just get so tired of trying to make new friends and just go alone I hate my life.-reply by rtdyufgiho

How can i mak friends?

Hi my name is saif. I am abt 19 years old. I know its really sound funny. But I am having problem. Because I think I am not freindly at all nd boring. I hav got a very few numbers of friends. And I am not tat popular. So, will you pls tell me how can I make more frinds, how can I get rid from boringness. And the main thing is I don't know why I cant laugh or make people laugh. I want to make my lif happy with lots of friends and with a gud personality. Pls I need your help. Can you help me.

-reply by saif

about meTips For Making New Friends

Hi, I won't say my name but I go to high school, I'm a freshie and I had a best friend since 7th grade but she started to treat me literally like crap so qe stopped being bestfriends then I met these really cool people, I guess you can call them "popular" and they say they're my friends but we were supposed to go out yesterday and they didn't tell ME anything. I always listen to them and I never talk. I spent the whole spring break in my house crying and I know it sounds awkward and pathetic but nobody wants to go out w. Me or come over to my house. Ive never had any real friends & now I don't care if theyre popular, losers, emos, or reffs. I just want a real friend that could be there for mee !

Miami, FL 

-reply by lonelyyKeywords: hot to make real friends high school

Have some faith!

First off, let me just say that I really agree with SOME of the things that

Have been posted in this thread. Here are some of my thoughts and

Opinions.

Join a club or just simply look in the local newspaper for a volunteer activity in your area.

Search online for groups in your area that participate in activities that you either have an interest in or believe that you would enjoy. Sometimes you might find that something that you have no interest at all in; however, give it a chance. What is it going to hurt?

Go to a local YMCA or something similar, you would be completely surprised by how many people you can meet by just going up and saying, "hey, how are you doing today? My name is "xxx".

Be friendly with your neighbors, you may be shocked to see what kind of people that they may be friendly with and how you might be able to relate to them. For example, my neighbor is aDaytona Beach police officer; however, he has been retired for 6-7 years. He recently went back to work, doing background investigations for possible candidates to join the department. He did not go back to working full-time. He works a few days a week and loves it. Over the years, I have expressed great interest in becoming involved in police work. During Speed Weeks, here in Daytona (NASCAR Daytona 500), he recommended that I apply for a "Special Event Officer" position. With his recommendation, I was ready to start; however, unfortunately, city hall evidently had concerns about one of the medications that I have to take for depression. It broke my heart. I was devastated; HOWEVER, I made a few contacts with other officers, in turn, I got in contact with other individuals that have been especially helpful and have gone totally out of their way, to assist me in my dream of becoming involved in emergency services.

With that being said, I also have a great piece of knowledge that myGrandfather told me, he said "In your lifetime,You will be incredibly fortunate to have 2 or 3 TRUE FRIENDS." That being said, by "TRUE FRIENDS" he meant people that will alwaysBe there for you, during your time of need, if you need somebody to talk to, orWho will come to your aid at a moment’s notice, sometimes without being askedTo do so.

I hope that by reading my comments, you may have had a few of your questionsAnswered... Alternatively, if not youSpecifically, I hope that anyone that has a similar issue finds somethingUseful in what I have provided.

Thank you for reading this. I really HOPE that it helps you out!

JSW

Daytona Beach,Fl

Making FriendsTips For Making New FriendsReplying to WDSnavReplying to WDSnavI know what it feels like to feel left out; it's an easy rut to get into when you are a quieter person. See if there are clubs or sports things to join, even if you're not that good at it, it is a way to meet new people. Focus on getting a good work out in gym, you'll feel better. Eat right and take care of yourself. Be friendly and helpful, talk to the people you get paired with (say more than hi), don't sulk about being left out. Acting angry and hurt won't make you more likable. Say nice things about other people. Avoid treating others like the enemy, treat them like possible friends. Defend yourself if necessary. Girls like compliments and guys that are fun to hang out with, being in good physical shape won't hurt any in that department. (Showering and good personal hygiene are also good things to consider).-reply by Melissa

i have the same problem i am kinda shy so i dont have much fun i just moved from a diferent school i have arelly hard time averyone has there own little groups but to help you someone i no told me try to talk i am shure that they want to be your friend and for people hat are mean dont listen to them there just big but heads and you just have to live your life not caring what they think and shake of the drama pruve to them that you are better than they think you are hope this helps!:) from alex45758 B)

hmm being shy will not be a problem if you go in the correct place, i mean when you get in a place where there are man other shy peoples then you can probably find friends very easily but anyway being shy is not a good thing so never think about that i'm shy so i will not try that, go for every thing and don't think about failing otherwise you will not do anything. usually a shy person will face some problems while talking so for better talk you need to think first more than other peoples do and after that go and talk with the person you want to be a friend with and if you faced any problem during your talk do not think about that i have failed again or something like that just think about this problem can happen for anyone and this is not because i'm shy and it is very regular. facing your problems will lead you to talk better and faster and you will forget about being shy. some tips i have seen which are very important are:1. never afraid, afraiding from talking or facing with the person you want to be a friend with is not a good thing and you will not make any friend. 2. do something for your friends, i mean if you do nothing for your friends you will loose them. you have to do somethings like when your friend doesn't come to a class because he is seek you need to give him your books or your writings or in modern days you can scan them and send them to your friend as soon as possible, this things are not very hard to do but are really effective and can even make you some friends.3. do not rely only on virtual connection, these days with facebook and twitter most friends are only communicating with each other using them and will not see each other. making a friend in facebook is very easy but i don't think to them as a real friend, i mean you need to get face to face with your friend (virtual friend) to be real friends.these are some tips that i had to say, sometimes you see when you try to be a friend with someone you fail every time, i think not all of peoples worth to be a friend with so if you tried and you didn't succeed then just think about it. think to see if it really worth for being a friend with her/him or not and if you think it doesn't worth then do not waste your time.

Wds I'll give you an advice , to have friends you have to communicate , nobody will come to you , unless you make him understand that he will be welcomed ,ok?And to communicate , you have to speak , to deal with others , don't stay alone , but go with your collegues , do what they are doing , practice sports like football ,handball ,volleyball , why? because you will interact with other , you will create connections , and soo they will understand that you won't beat them ;)Speaking with others , will show them your kindness , your knowledge , and without a doubt , you will find someone , or a groupe of people , who will like what you say , agree with you and will wish to be your friends.