xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

Trap17 Up Down Up Down

I've never had any problems with Xisto's server; considering the incredibly large number of people hosted here, it's no surprise if they do occasionally get the hiccups. Most importantly though... you're getting hosted for FREE!

I'd agree in terms of the forums... I've been trying to get on and they go so insanely slow I give up.This morning all seems to be ok though and I've had no issues with my website itself.

Again, Xisto forum server and Xisto hosting servers are two different machines, Shengeta.Today there was some unexpected error in both forum and hosting. Forum was first because of over load in Xisto. Because Xisto's forum hasn't upgraded to the lastest version yet. Your hosting service might have been interrupted (I'm saying might because there was a user using all the load--possible spam sent emails).There's no issue with asking and finding out how Xisto services are doing. But if you are going to state an experience please be sure to listen to the facts. One more note: I am not doubting that your internet service isn't the issue. But how internet service is connected to the rest of the world is through connecting to cache server. This server is dedicated to caching most frequently visited pages and stores them locally (not your machine but your ISP's machine). This is done to prevent too many connections to one particular site at once. It's very similar to how P2P software can break down 1 file to small few pieces so that not one connection is feeding the whole file.Anyway, sometimes those cache servers will take some time to "clear" things to update the information. It is known that certain websites and services will be interrupted. But in most cases, it's due to one of the hosting members decided to either test out unstable codes or decided to abuse the service and use it for mal-purposes.

well.. i'm like many of you here.. .i doubt it's the server problem.. mostly the ISP. I gave up along time ago trying to fix it though.. .For some reason like i can't acess my site with i'm at my brother's apartment (using comcast cable internet). It might not be the server, but is there any way to keep the ISP from blocking the site?Well, when i try to acess my site at school (t3 connection)... the first time i visit the site, everything works fine, page loaded very fast. When i exit out of it and try to go back. It seem it the site is down. It said something about FTP that last time i tried. I thought it was the computer i was using, so i tried my friend's laptop next to me and the same thing happened. Hmmm.... not just my site, i tried to go on google and search for other site that are hosted by Xisto and none of them worked. So it can't be mySQL crashing for bad files. Well, like i said, i gave up about fixing it along time about, but i would appriciate if somehow you guys could fix it. =P Well. .i appricate the free hosting with no ads support.. which is great.. and the posting for credits part is pretty easy. .Like this post i'm posting right now should give me 2 credits .. minium. =P

OK, actually I don't believe it is Xisto anymore. Yes this server is different than the one's hosting our sites i know that. When this happens to my site, another member of my site can still see it even after refreshing it and more, so it defenitely is the site... but this seams to happen to alot of sites hosted by Xisto. Also some sites may not work if the database crashes because of the site running by a database, especially forums and wiki styled sites, so don't forget that. Sorry Xisto I won't blame it on you again lol

OK, actually I don't believe it is Xisto anymore. Yes this server is different than the one's hosting our sites i know that. When this happens to my site, another member of my site can still see it even after refreshing it and more, so it defenitely is the site... but this seams to happen to alot of sites hosted by Xisto. Also some sites may not work if the database crashes because of the site running by a database, especially forums and wiki styled sites, so don't forget that. Sorry Xisto I won't blame it on you again lol

Sorry, Shengeta, could you please read your message and put yourself in our place. I can not be sure what you mean by :

- "I don't believe it is Xisto anymore" - "this server is different than the one's hosting our sites "
- "another member of my site ..'"

Then you said :"

but this seams to happen to alot of sites hosted by Xisto".

Why you decide that? . Most of the respondant denied that and I too especially in the recent time. My site is choosen by many as their home page and they didn't complain to me. Sometimes in past I asked them when I couldn' access to mine , I found that they were ok with it. Then I interpreted that to my firewall and security levels until I settled the matter.

I think your problem is in the security level of your browser. Try to put yor site in trusted sites in your browswe.