xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
apollo

Animated Rain Photoshop

Open Adobe Photoshop [your version] .

1.)Ok, now let`s make new layer - Layer -> New -> Layer.

2.)Now choose Paint Bucket Tool. that in gradient tool option. Push D to set colors to Black and White.

Fill your layer with black. Posted Image

3.)Now go to Filtre -> Noise -> Add Noise...

Folowing options - Posted Image

4.)Now go to Filter -> Blur -> Motion Blur

Folowing options - Posted Image

5.)Repeat step 1. - 4. few(i used 5) times. You will get few different layers with rain. Hide them all.

Posted Image To hide clik on eye.

6.)Now let`s go to Imagready. [CS] File -> Edit in Imageready / [CS2] File -> Jump to -> Imagready

7.)In Imagready make 5 new frames, Posted Image

and for each frame other layer. Click on Frame and then on Layers Eye Posted Image to show it again.

8.)Set "Frame Delay Time" to your speed. (I suggest to use 0,1)

9.)That`s all. Now File -> Save Optimazed as yourfile.gif

Here is mine - Posted Image - it looks bad cus i didn`t change Frame Delay Time and Blending options:)!

Notice from KuBi:
Photoshop tutorials have there own little place. Make sure to read the rules before posting tutorials. Verbal Warning.

Very nice, but I think there's a bit to much rain(lol?). Maybe filter it more because it looks to much like a moving wall still. You only want a few drops of rain because if it's going over a sig, you don't want it to be to covered-up.

i reduced the noise to 50% i think it was and i got this

Posted Image

i dont know if i will ever use it though :( who knows, i might someday...therefor i am printing it off as we speak....this is still a nice little tutorial though, one of the many that are on the site...and Kubi...any ideal on how i could reduce the rain??

any ideal on how i could reduce the rain??

You should be able to resuce the opacity of the original image before you created the frames for movement - on the top right of the layers window is a 100% marker -- click and you should get a "dial" to resuce the opacity to something like 50%, play around until it's what you need, then use this as the basis for the animated gif.

Actually a similar effect can be produced by using "brightnesss and contrast" settings to resuce the brightness and contrast (just a little for the latter) to fade/wash out the image a little. Let me know if these work ok ;-)

- dHarry

also this tutorial could be set up to were you can create little splashes against renders and text as well.btw is anyone getting that little pause in the rain image cuz I am.

btw is anyone getting that little pause in the rain image cuz I am.

Yea, it's not a smooth transition, but that's usually the hard part about animation.

well you have to use the right amount of frames what i do is that i make the animation go forwards and then set up a new set of frames to make it go backwards.but also its in the time as well so most likly you want your 1 and last frame set at 0 to make it smoother.NOTE: THIS IS MY 3600 POST WOOOHOO!!! :)

Yeah, that's very nice. I like it very much. But, like Kubi said, I think there is a little too much rain. But besides that, nice graphics everything. I'm actually now planning to buy Photoshop, and I can hopefully participate in tutorials/sotw/etc. :) It's nice, really. I really like how this community contributes to the members and has a tutorial.

It actually reminds me of looking down at the road while driving real fast. See what I mean?I've seen several tutorials on how to main rain effects and they were similar to this, but this one just isn't for me.