xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oblivion 9999

Favourite Author(s)?

*Gasp* How can anyone not mention Michael Crichton? Lol. He is definately my favorite author (well for the moment...the moment being the past year or two). Doesn't anyone remember Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Sphere, Congo, Timeline, Prey??? All by Michael Crichton. Also the creator of the series ER. :(

I like to read books about stress...people with problems...people slitting their own wrists.....people who are unstable...people who are being bullied....people who die .....and people who are "different"...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(!)... I suggest you read some Tom Robbins Bexa and you do it fast!

Ah, I saw some of my own favourite authors there. Terry Practchett; I love the Discworld books, especially the ones about the Watch in Ankh-Morpork or the witches. I especially liked the last one that was published in paperback, "The Monstrous Regiment". Let's see, Edgar Allen Poe, HG Wells, JG Ballard, Ray Bradbury, Elinor Brent Dyer, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Alexander McCall Smith, CS Lewis, Ursula leGuin, Manley Wade Wellman, Wilkie Collins, Charlotte Bronte. That's what I can think of, off the top of my head. Probably some others. I also like poetry, by Christina Rossetti, Robert Frost and Gerard Manley Hopkins.

Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game and Alvin Maker series)

Isaac Asimov (Foundation series)

Neil Postman (Technopoly, Amusing Ourselves to Death)

Douglas Hofstadter (Godel, Escher, Bach)

Michael Crighton (The Sphere, The Weapon)

Madeline L'engle (A Swiftly Tilting Planet, And Both Were Young)

C. S. Lewis (The Four Loves, The Screwtape Letters, The Chronicles of Narnia)

These are my initial picks anyway... :D

no doubt it's john grisham. my first one was "the rainmaker", from then out i was completely hooked. let's see, books turned movies: the firm, the pelican brief, the runaway jury, a time to kill, ... i'm sure there are others ...next in line, robert ludlum. and yah, i'm loving the bourne identity/supremacy movies!

I also like Fantasy Fiction very much! My favourite authors are Sara Douglass, David Eddings and Raymond Feist. The Riftwar Saga and the Troy Game are brilliant. Belgariad isn't too shabby either. I want to read the Song of Ice and Fire though, apparently that series is really good.

my favourite outher is sakeshpearse , who had writen som mind blowing lovw stories, which i alwayass use to study.he has writtn some more books which is very heart touching to me.he was a english man, with a nice soul.

I have lots of favourite authors, but I must say my MOST favourite one is Coelho paulo (darn, I had to go on Google search to find out how to spell his name)... my favourite book is The Alchemist, it's a simple story with deep philosphical morals behind it. It's great.My other author when I was younger was Carole Wilkinson and her story Dragonkeeper... it's a fantasy about a Chinese girl slave finding a dragon and becoming a Dragonkeeper.

My favourite authors are Anne McCaffrey, and now her son Todd, JRR Tolkien and JK Rowling.There are many more that I like: Terry Pratchett, Stephen King, David Eddings Raymond Feist, Chris Wood. But those above are the master of my home library.