xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
UltimateStar

Picture Editing

Yep another vote for photoshop. The new iphoto allows you do some quite sophistacated editing and cropping. But I suggest using the help function if you find it all a bit to much. There is so much stuff online as well.

Excepting the Photoshop CS3 Extended which is the best for me, and that's why I use it in the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium packet, you can also try the Corel product which is very good for photo editing and any type of images, but I'm not very in it, because I haven't work since the last 2 years, but my colleagues praise it as a good tool:

Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2:

Posted Image

Edited by TheBlessedOne (see edit history)

i use micromedia Fireworks for photo editing. it's a nice software simple but you can do complicated work with it its not less the photoshop or any other professional photediting software.

most comercial products like photoshop or any othere's are pretty good and powerfull but if you like me that's cheap and not willing to play but yet powerfull products.

i stated using this free software called Photofiltre it was powerfull and had some realy good features best of all it's realy simple to use: HERE
but to me it lack some extra stuff so i started using GIMP for extra stuff but this one was not as easy to use as Photofiltre so i use both of them for cetain stuff: HERE

anothere pretty good one is Paint.net it's really good but you need the .NET framework for it: HERE

I use Paint.NET! It's awesome! And it's free too! I've gotten really good with it, I like to make sigs and userbars with it, I also use it to sprite and make backgrounds for my games. (The Cloud render tool is VERY useful!) By far my favorite image editing software. :lol:

If I would answer the question directly, Photoshop is obviously the best image editing software around.I do not think theres a different answer to that question.If you put the question a little different so it depends on personal experience, the answers could be different.I stick with Photoshop.

For picture editing i use is paint and flash . i know they are little noobish softwares but with hard work you can achieve alot more then what you ll achieve with photoshop. As paint is a free ware also i think paint is quite good for the work. I usually make logos for my website or morph my photos with celebrity photos. Its so mych fun but needs alot of time also.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/Picture Editing

Just getting started in photography, EditElf.Com has give me a huge advantage over well established photographers.  I don?t have to buy expensive editing software,learn all the tricks, and waste time on my computer.  I started shooting weddings because I love photography and I love people, so that?s what I spend my time doing!

-reply by Edit elf

Photoshop is good and everything but i have found that gimp can also do many of the things that photoshop can. It may be done in a different way but the outcome is still the same. Gimp is also free and extremely light weight with add on to do more features. You can search youtube and find all sorts of editing techniques in Gimp. It is definately worth your time IF you want to do some fast effective editing with minimum download time.

gimp is a open source program that was originally developed for linux based computers. it is really light weight but the editing capabilities are immense. i would recommend anyone to at lease give it a try for is simplicity and ease on you computer load.