xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

Skype Out For Free? Skype out for free???

couture threat: A lot of peoples use skype, it`s another thing you don`t know many peoples who use it :P I don`t know any other messenger who has such clear voice, and picture like skype. Or u know one? if ye, pls tell me B) Bye

GoogleTalk is great for voice chat too, but it doesn't support voice call conferencing i.e. a voice chat between more than 2 people. You can also buy Skype phones, which look and feel like real telephones but work over the Skype network.

As a paid subscriber to Skype, I have both nationwide calling and a registered phone number for only a sawbuck or so every three months. I honestly don't use it for the voip Skype service itself but rather as a backup phone that gives me the ability to relax the minutes I use on my cellphone. For only a couple of bucks a month or so I can lower my overall phone bill by as much as 50 dollars a month...if you're exceptionally strained for money, I can see people wanting to make free phone calls, but I think 10 dollars for a full-featured phone service that allows free calls across the states while offering voice mail, texting, and caller ID can hardly be beat.

If you were prompted for financial institution information, then you were the attempted victim of a phishing scam.  I'm sure that, going forward, reviewing the URLs posted in a non-affiliated public forum before you click might keep this from happening. Just my two cents. ;]

make pure SIP calls and it's always free. Train your friends on SIP and convince them to buy- and use an ATA. Then you can slowly leverage them into low cost, reliable, quality VOIP or run their own home asterisk server.skype is a jokesome people like it: good for them?

This is indeed very very old news. I think these SkypeOut free calls were simply a marketing promotion for a while, since it does cost Skype money for every call out made, which now is paid by the users who use this service. It simply wouldn't be sustainable to maintain these free calls to real landline phones.Skype is still useful if your have contacts overseas that you want to talk to without having to pay very expensive fees, with it being free if you both of the Skype VoIP service installed.