xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinismyname

Please Review My Website any good or bad comments welcome

Wow, your designing skill is awesome. Very neat and clean. I like the layout as well as the content. The only improvement I would like to see in your site is the font color. Readability of the font is very important.

Links: The register link on top menu is misleading, once we click that it must go to the register page, double linking is not only taking time for visitors to your site but will waste your bandwidth for no purpose. You should update the link soon.

You may do away with frameset, http://e.freewebhostingarea.com/not-found.html is getting all contents from http://e.freewebhostingarea.com/not-found.html if you do like this search engines index probability is lower. Try to use your genuine blog url to be visible to visitors as well as search engines.

Concerning the layout (structure), let me say that is quite good, simple, attractive, good use of colors, a nice flash clock with calendar, a good looking menu navigation, a cool logotype and a nice login system for members (i did not test it, but you should to check if people can register there without problems) and some more cool design things.Concerning the content (text, information) is the thing that is not that good, you need to insert more information, quality information, stuff that people really want to see, for example, you can insert more news (only hot news, and some other news but still hot ones).The forums are great, just simply cool design.You should work more in your image gallery, 1 or 2 images won't load (get a script (javascript) to load the unloaded images when someone visits the image gallery page.The site is to big, perhaps you should reduce the website resolution to 800*600 or a litle bit biger but i don't recommend it.You have one video that i think you're not allowed to insert it on your website (if you have the license forgive me).The rest is good.By the way, i've answer your pool: "How does the site Look!!" wich i answered: "Looks Good".Keep Up!Note:If you have that's ok, but if you don't, insert a link to Xisto.com website in your front page like i did.

..it is not 100% complete

When you say it's not 100% complete, does that include the huge white space at the top and your navigation links? I hope so. Your links are unreadable in their normal state and only barely readable on rollover. :(
Also, you get a horizontal scrollbar in Firefox & Opera at 1024 x 780 even though the width of your content area must be less than 700px wide.

When you say it's not 100% complete, does that include the huge white space at the top and your navigation links? I hope so. Your links are unreadable in their normal state and only barely readable on rollover.  :(

Also, you get a horizontal scrollbar in Firefox & Opera at 1024 x 780 even though the width of your content area must be less than 700px wide.

224538[/snapback]

hey when did you view the site?, i was changing some code on it last night,so maybe thats when you got those errors,cuz i am i am not seeing it now.

i am only seeing a horizontal scroll bar when i view the site at 800 * 600 resolution, i checked it in Ie,firefox & opera, at 1024 * 780 i dont see any horizontal scroll bars. can you tell me what version of browsers are you using. There is also a little spacing at the top after the nav links which i put there dileberately but the space is not that huge, maybe, i will take out the space just to be sure.

I will try to resize the site for 800* 600 instead of 1024 * 780..

& change the menu if other users experience the same problems.............thanks for your comments

If you have that's ok, but if you don't, insert a link to Xisto.com website in your front page like i did.

yea i will do that once i move it to Xisto.com servers right now its on another server

hey when did you view the site?, i was changing some code on it last night,so maybe thats when you got those errors,cuz i am i am not seeing it now.

Look at the time of my post - that's when I looked at your site. I checked it in FF 1.5, IE6 and Opera 8.5. FF & Opera both had a blank scrollbar (meaning the scrollbar space was there but not the bit you'd use to drag left & right).

i think that your site design is very good. i reallylike it. its pretty plain but its still intrsting. i mean its a nice white deisgn that you have. First ill assess the menu. It looks good from the design. but there is not enough lightness/darkness diffrence between the text and the background. you might want to make your the background a hint darker. but when i look at it its the bottom of it thats a bit strange in the eyes. you might want to lower the bottom end of the gradient a bit. Next is the banner. its generaly OK. but one thing is that you dont have the same gradient in the banner as in the background of it and it shows where the banner image starts and ends. you might want to take a look at that. its just something suble but its something that can change the impression of your site and yourself as a whole. Now about the images over which it says Clock/Calander or Login, ect. I think it kind looks like the ends have been hacked off. you know what i mean? it needs some kind of border on the left and right. and the same thing is for b_plugin_footer.jpg . it needs some more border type things on the left and right ends. anyways that it for now. hope this helped you a bit maybe. :)

It looks pretty good, but a bit white for my taste. my crits: for the clock, you might want to get rid of the calender feature, or perhaps elongate the area slightly and have the date appear in a mm/dd/yy (or dd/mm/yy if thats your preferance) underneath. atm it seems a bit clumsy to me and not all that practicle, since you have to click, and then wait, for the information to show up.The clock does look quite nice though.Also for some reason. (firefox 1.5 1600x1024) I have a bottom scroll bar appearing on my screen for no apparent reason. (it all fits nicely) lastly the nav. menu could use some tweaking imo, not too much just a "depressed" mouse over image.