xisto Community
realthor

Disney Said In Talks To Purchase Pixar

In the world of movie animation, there are just as few big companies as in 3d graphics software and any big news hits immediately the press. So, as Alias Maya was bougth by gigant Autodesk , Pixar, one of the very successfull CG film makers is to be bought by Disney. Of course this will be very discussed on forums and the movie business will get animated these weeks until the aqcuisition consumes.
Please read more - if interested- on:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

sounds very interessing,Pixar that is the company who have that lamp as logo right?they are pretty big... but well disney is too :(

Pixar has made fanstastic films that are geared towards all audiences. I think this is a good move by Disney because I don't think they can compare to Pixar films currently. Their generated characters are so realistic is amazing. And yeah the lamp is their logo...

Pixar that is the company who have that lamp as logo right?

222626[/snapback]

yes.

That would be cool if they did because alot of more great movies will come out and it would make me more happy :(

In my opinion, I believe that Disney and Pixar are two of the most famous entertainment providers which have produced/created many good films throughout the past decade or so.Pixar's films include the films like Monsters Inc, whereas Disney have films like the 102 Dalmations.This migration/merge together would be a good move in my opinion. They will be able to share techniques/help one another out to create the most exciting film available for the viewers to watch!I look forward to seeing the brand new creations, if this merge is a final (not going to be changed). :-)

The new blood at Disney realized that Pixar could survive without Disney, but Disney would find it hard to make it without Pixar. This goes back to the huge clash of egos betwen Jobs and Eisner. Pixar wrote and produced and largely financed their projects wihtout a lot of help from Disney. All Disney did was to distribute and help promote the works. Disney didn't know what to make of this new CGi animation stuff, so it made more sense to let Pixar take all the risk, Now that Pixar is an established brand and the ones to "beat" can now shop around for the highest bidder to make movies. Well Disney would have to build its own 3D CGI animation studio from scratch since they outsourced the new medium to Pixar in the first place. That takes a lot of cash that Disney probably can't afford. Eisner really screwed up Disney driving away the best people that went to Dreamworks and elsewhere and have had a lot of sucess.And KMOV.com...isn't that St. Louis CBS channel 4?

Yeah, Disney probably can't fare well without Pixar. With a Pixar joint, they were able to make a lot of good films. 3D is in right now, but since Disney doesn't have it so good with 3D yet, they're gradually losing their touch. People want 3D nowadays, so to save their business, they probably need Pixar with them. Though, if I were the guys at Pixar, I might think it's a good idea too, as it can promote Pixar further, though making Disney take more credit... :/ Then again, it could be a hard choice, but business is business after all.

Hey, I always thought that pixar was already a part of disney....so, that's not true. I thought pixal always made his movies under the name of disney....I must be stupid....

I think this is good news because both companies make many excellent movies and if pixar is purchased we will probably be seeing many more good movies in the theaters.

Strange. I recall not too long ago hearing about a claim by Pixar that they would no longer work with Disney, because Disney kept requiring them to add content that they did not wish to add, such as fart jokes. I have a feeling that Disney will only mess up Pixar's reputation, unless they intend to keep the same producers/animators/script writers as have currently been on the team.By the way, I did not know that Alias/Maya had been bought by Autodesk/Discreet (who own the 3D software program 3D Studio Max). I kind of think it's almost too bad that the competition is being bought out to create all-powerful companies. However, hopefully this will mean that 3D Studio Max is a little more user-friendly when it comes to video rendering, NURMS modelling techniques, and built-in features, such as fur and particle effects.

btw for those who dont know pixar and disney work togehter for most of recent animated films if im not mistaken... but that might be another one.. i dont rember...but yeah disney and pixar are awsome disney also makes non animated as well!

i suppose since most think it is good news it is acculy good news, although i dont really care because i dont care who the movie is by as long as it is a good one..i dont think it matters who makes the film but it is a matter of who stars in it for instance, harry potter! excelente!~!

I totally agree with you, Arigato. When you put these two awesome companies together, you will get awesome movies. I am not much of a movie-goer now, but believe me, if these goes through, I will be going to many more movies in the future!

this would be a great deal for both companies they've done a number of hits when both teams work togetherToy Story 1Toy Story 2Finding NemoMonsters Inc.And moreif they do do business together the team would be unstoppable imo