xisto Community
seanooi

Flv1 Codec Video Converting Help any software to convert it to avi?

My friend just sent me a video file using the FLV1 codec, is there anyway to convert this video file into .AVI format besides having to use VLC media player to play it?Thanks in advance

hi buddy, i am a flash developer and well i havent seen a software or tool to convert flv to avi or mpg so far....but lately i heard about this decoder "RivaFLVencoder", it is said that is freeware and can convert flv to mpg or avi and vicerversa... have fun

if i'm not mistaken, delivi was asking the same question in the shoutbox days ago. :( sent him a link via PM as a reply since he didn't post a thread regarding the subject. here's the link (which mainly uses riva flv encoder as spy_charly states above; read alternatives as you scroll down the page): http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/202228-How-to-convert-flv-%28flash-video%29-to-avi-or-mpg

My friend just sent me a video file using the FLV1 codec, is there anyway to convert this video file into .AVI format besides having to use VLC media player to play it?Thanks in advance

Try this to convert FLV to AVI.

I know FLV, but never heard of FLV1, so if you want to convert FLV to AVI, there are hundreds of softwares available can do it on market, google search "flv to avi". But if for FLV1, I don't know.