xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Run Internet Explorer From Command Prompt Windows Tips

But again in figured out a better way !! oops I guess its better !!$executable_directory_path = "C:Program FilesInternet Explorer"; chdir ( $executable_directory_path ); exec("iexplore.exe gmail.com");enjoy !!-Indrani

I always work with command prompt what my problem is I have to do my work by seeing the information from my mail.Iam not able to do these things ata time .If iam using command prompt as and when iam opening my mail the command prompt is not working means it is coming from the server(solaris) which I had connected previously.So I request anyone of you to tell the solution .Eagerly waiting for your answer-hemanth

Clicking is for monkeys. various programming applications utilize "command line" functionality, including clicking. for instance, when writing a batch file to run every time windows logs on to counter-act the bane of my existence (the reset and locking of the homepage on my computer at work) by telling the command line to switch the registry values to allow homepage manipulation, and then open to a specified page, and then Option ExplicitDim objShellSet objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")objShell.Run "iexplore -nohome" Wscript.Sleep 2000objShell.SendKeys "TAB 2"objShell.sendKeys "https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl;Wscript.Sleep 500objShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"Wscript.Sleep 500 objShell.sendKeys "%{HOME}"wscript.sleep 2000objShell.sendkeys "%{F4}"WScript.Quit yes, sleep too is for monkeys.-maxsquires

This is really a good Idea.In my work environment access to modify Homepage is blocked. I need to wait atleast 1/2 min for loading that Company Homepage then I need to type my other sites. I very freequently use 4 web sites. I have simply created 4 bat files with the start letter of my required sites.. For example to open google immediately I created bat file "G.Bat" and shortcut to destop. I modified the content as------ @start "" /b "see:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.Exe " %* google.Co.In " ---Same like for other 3 websites..You can try this-Mallik

Notice from Approved by BH:

Trap FeedBacker

Run Internet Explorer From Command Prompt

Hi maxsqueries,

The correct code is below.

Dim objShell

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

ObjShell.Run "iexplore https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl;

Wscript.Sleep 2000

ObjShell.SendKeys "%{f4}"

about handiling internet throw command prompt

My question is that in my collage most of the site is blocked by collage administrator. Can I open these site throw command prompt? if yes then send me process to open these file.If it can not be possible then give me trick for opening these block site.

-reply by dhiraj kumar

Command line access for IE

Replying to Sarith Pallewela

Perhaps you don't know everything, perhaps you are very inexperienced with programming! To be able to call a process, from a commandline is a great diagnostic tool as well as enhances a programmers ability to script calls and function, and how, do you think, programs are written? there is an ICON for every command or function? NOT!

how to open internet page from command prompt

Hi

Pls any one help me to open internet explorer from command line

Thankx

-reply by sameer

Info abt Batch files

Hi

This is kiran, I am just wonder whether I can get some info abt how to create batch files wll I know bit about DOS but I am not familiar how to create batch files with the commands. Could you Please help me out?

-reply by Kiran

removing virus through cmd mode

Nice idea ...But not good..We can simply do it by double clicking on IE ..Instead of doing these things..Forgive me if I m wrong..

I want to know to know one thing that can we remove any type of virus through cmd mode ...If yes how????

Thanx.

ABANI.

-reply by abani kanta mallick

Way to call IE at a cmd prompt w/o having to create any temp filesRun Internet Explorer From Command PromptSimple way to do this effectively w/o having to go through the hassle of creating a file, and this will work from cmd scripts (which halt until the IE window is closed)Rundll32.Exe url.Dll,FileProtocolHandler http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dude its not about whats in and not, its about settling someones curiosity.  For instance I learned how to gain remote access through command prompt and because its a command line interface it runs much quicker than its gaphical counterpart.

Thank you DeliviRun Internet Explorer From Command Prompt

I have to open about 50 sites and do a silly task every other day, this really helped me. Thanks Delivi!Sara-reply by sara