xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeysicily

Wireless Keyboard And Mouse Using Bluetooth bluetooth technology

Logitech came out with a new wireless keyboard and mouse that uses bluetooth. Now you dont need to be just 6 feet away from the computer. You can now bring your keyboard into the other room and change music stations. It has an LCD and gets information back from the computer. The mouse uses a laser rathr than optical which is much more precision then opticals and great for fast action games. It can be a little pricy though.. I found one through froogle to be about 119. The retail price on it is about $150. I can't wait to get mine. I have a projector connected to both my cable box and my computer. Its sooo great to watch movies and play games on this thing. Having a wireless keyboard and mouse would do wonders.. Don need to sit RIGHT NEXT to the computer .. and can pass the mouse off when someone else wants to check their email on the BIG screen...Hope this info helps

this would be pure bliss for me, at the moment I use an extetion USB cable to take my wireless keyboard / mouse further away from my pc, i never had one until recently and could never return to using a corded version. now if only all pc parts ran the same way like the monitor and other devices so you would be able to take your pc (monitor keyb and mouse) all over the house.

You'd think that, for quick typers, there's a lag between typing? What I mean is, the text doesn't show up on the screen instantly like it does for wired keyboards. Then again, I've never had one, so I don't know.I cannot stand using a wired mouse, since the cord gets in the way and sometimes gets caught under the mouse itself. The one cheap wireless mouse I used to use wasn't too good. I wonder if I should get this set? It sure seems to be worth the $150.

I have been planning about going wireless with Bluetooth. I would be able to sit on the couch while typing a report even though I do have a laptop but that not the point. I could keep my computer on desk charging. I have so many things I would like to buy first though one being Invision Power Board, and a new laptop. Then I would probably go wireless :( It only takes up one USB too which is the best part.

Why would you need such range from the computer when you're using it? In order to use the computer you have to be able to see and read everything on the monitor and I don't think you would still be able to see it from another room unless you have a wireless monitor which I have yet to see. Also, I don't think bluetooth would give a practical edge over the normal wireless mouse + keyboard. The normal ones provide plenty of distance in my opinion and alot of the people I know use a wireless keyboard and mouse to get away from cords not so that they can use them further away from the computer.

I wouldn't go for the wireless keyboard unless I get real lazy cause I would only use it if I am typing something up that I am copying. I could go downstairs and eat while still typing :( but I would use bluetooth just to stop using up my USBs but I would still be using two. One for mouse and stuff but that ok, I can get the 4 connector thing. My mouse isn't really a problem because the cord is hanging off the desk because of this gap that is there. I just would do it so it isn't a mess when I try to hook everything back into my computer and to unhook it because it gets really confusing as to what cord is what.

The only part of my computer that ever gives me trouble due to wires are my headphones - they tend to get caught under my chair when I lay in bed with them on.I'm not sure I really see the point of a wireless keyboard/mouse, unless you plan to surf the internet from your bed or something. In my opinion, having to plug them both in to recharge every night would be a pain (assuming that they can be recharged and that they don't take expensive alkali batteries.

well i think my wireless mouse is kinda neat, it works really well and i think its way easyier than with a wire.

this would be pure bliss for me, at the moment I use an extetion USB cable to take my wireless keyboard / mouse further away from my pc, i never had one until recently and could never return to using a corded version. now if only all pc parts ran the same way like the monitor and other devices so you would be able to take your pc (monitor keyb and mouse) all over the house.

222165[/snapback]

Now if you would be able to take your keyboard, monitor and mouse all over the house you would just be buying a laptop! :( These days the processing power of the laptop is very good so you can't just say well laptops aren't fast enough. What we do need is just a laptop thing that is just soo light weight and not that much heat so that you can just hang out in bed an play.

The only part of my computer that ever gives me trouble due to wires are my headphones - they tend to get caught under my chair when I lay in bed with them on.

I'm not sure I really see the point of a wireless keyboard/mouse, unless you plan to surf the internet from your bed or something. In my opinion, having to plug them both in to recharge every night would be a pain (assuming that they can be recharged and that they don't take expensive alkali batteries.

222393[/snapback]

Well I defintely wouldn't go wireless back in the day if im sitting right in front of the monitor.. whats the point. right?? well life has changed for me.. Now I have set up a projector and i have my computer in the family room also connected to it.. so people can surf the web or check email..but the catch is.. they have to sit on the couch right next to the PC cause the wires dont reach.. Then I also read about regular wireless can only extend to 6 ft.. that also defeats the purpose.. cause my other couch is like 10 ft away from the PC.. so hearing about this bluetooth one is just GREAT news. now I can just give anyone the laptop and mouse to play from anwhere in the room.. The one I'm about to get "logitech MX5000" has a little LCD screen that you can view small data.. and I can bring the keyboard in the other room.. play mp3s and change the song at the click of a button on the keyboard.no need to run in the other room..

For mouse.. i think there is a cradel tht automatically charges everynight.. but just puttin the mouse away.. the keyboard however takes AA batteries.. I have rechargable AA batteries and a charger so all i have to do is swap the batter and get the next batch ready to charge.. the keyboard and mouse have a new Charge indicator so you can see HOW much battery life is left >> VERY COOL!11

I finally received my new blue tooth enabled wireless keyboard and "laser" mouse. Let me say, it is sooooooooo cool. The mouse: It is LASER. not optical so you no longer have that red annoying light coming out from the bottom of it and also it works great on reflective surfaces in which the optical mouse cannot. It is also sooo much more precision and faster even being wireless. You would never know that it was wireless. Of course it is a little more heavier that a regular mouse but it does come with extra cool buttons like scroll left and right and back and forwarg pages and even a thumb button for menu. It comes with its own rechargeable cradle so you never have to change the batteries. It also has an indicator on the mouse as well as in your task bar when your batteries are getting low.The keyboard. Very cool. Not as cool as the mouse but does have some good points.. first the bad points.. they change the layout with the insert, delete, home, end, page up, page down function.. they removed insert and made delete bigger. i though that was kinda stupid. Next it has this awesome display of time and temp and all kinds of cool stuff on its little LCD. However, 1, its not in color and 2 it has no light.. or at least i didnt find one. I use it for my home theatre system which is already darkish in there and its hard to read the display. It does have quick figner roll switch that can easily increase/decrease volume and increase/decrease zoom. The keyboard is a bit heavier then other keyboards but still no that heavy. Anotehr drawback, does not come with rechargeable batteries and does not have a cradle to recharge it. They do give you 4 double A batteries. I put them aside and used my own 4 double A recharge able batteries and I have another set of four that are already charged waiting to be changed. I also have my own charger that will solve that problem. It doesnt seem to easily indicate on the keyboard that the battery level is like the mouse. maybe through buttons on LCD .. I havent found it yet. However it does display in the taskbar when the batteries are draining. .. well i think it does.. i saw an option that said keyboard batteries are full. Keyboard takes a little more to get used to.. especially since the insert button has been removed. and there are soo many function buttons that you can do cool things with that i havent gotten around to doing. for instance you should be able to take the keyboard in the other room "up to 60 ft" and press media and windows media player will load and play your playlist.. you can then use your finger to scrooll up and down the volume or even click next for the next song. So thats the scoop. Lets see how long it lasts before it breaks LOL

I thought bluetooth only worked within a 6 ft range. That and if you have any decent keyboard and mouse, it should work anyway. I like wireless, but I rather get a good gaming keyboard like that high end FPS one. Something with a claw? I don't know. I saw it in thinkgeek

I thought bluetooth only worked within a 6 ft range. That and if you have any decent keyboard and mouse, it should work anyway. I like wireless, but I rather get a good gaming keyboard like that high end FPS one. Something with a claw? I don't know. I saw it in thinkgeek

224100[/snapback]

Well don't know about that 6 ft range. I think this is new bluetooth technology that allows LONGER rangers. Let me tell you, that these keyboard and mouse supposed to be pretty good in speed too. the laser mouse is said to have high precision and speed that it will be gaming capability. I havent really tried it on games just yet, but I still havent seen any lag on it either. As far as a gaming keyboard. At work, we ordered these two belkin nostromo N52 gamepads. Now these things are pretty interesting. It is used with for your left hand and has like 12 keys on it but all kinds of button and shift buttons and even a little gamepad for your thumb. Total functions come out to like 101 functions. This is very cool when you want to play with like 3d shooter games.. use yourmouse to look around and shoot and your left hand will be to jump crouch change weapons and the click of a button. It might be something your looking for.

I'd still much rather prefer a wired mouse and keyboard. Now that I think about it, wires getting in the way is a lot better then my mouse/keyboard disconnecting briefly and frequently. I'm not saying that Bluetooth products have this problem--I'm simply pointing out problems in general.