xisto Community
terminal2k

Questions Regarding Hosting credits and domain queries

I have looked thru the faqs and can't seem to find answer to my first question and also have another1) it is shown obviously how much credits you require to request a website, but what are the ongoing credit costs (ie does the 20mb offer require 10 credits to setup then 10 credits a month or something similar)2) what is required to use a domain name with an account? i've never used a domain before so if i register one do i just tell it to point here, or do i need to do something with DNS servers? does Xisto offer these DNS server things?any help would be greatly appreciated

ok so each credit gives me a day of hosting, but i don't understand about "pointing a domain to the Xisto servers" does this mean I don't need any additional services, just register the domain?

That means you can either keep your existing Xisto subdomain name (e.g. yourname.trap17.com), or you can register your own domain (http://www.mydomain.com/) and use it with Xisto (only following a few steps inside your CPanel is all it takes to configure your domain name to point to your Xisto hosted site). But if you choose the second option, remember that it's up to you to register a domain name!

all you have to do is keep you sub doamin here or go to a web site and register your own domain name, for example https://www.eurodns.com/. after you have register your domain name come back to Xisto.com and request free domain hosting. after you have been aproved, go to where you have bought the domain and go into your control panel and change your domain name servers to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com. after you have did that all you have to do is weight for about 48 hours and then your domain will start work. and to access your cpanel point it to http://yourdomain.com/cpanel

inyourarms,If you mean to have a domain name associated with Xisto hosting, go to the Process page and use the change of domain name service (15 credits). Change to yourDomain.com or whatever and it will be associated with your hosting. Don't forget to update nameserver under your domain name controlOR, you can use addon domain command under cpanel.