xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WBBulldogs

Freewebs.com Hosting Review A review by WBBulldogs on Freewebs.com

I remember when I used my freewebs. It was indeed limited, but I used it as clan gaming website. You couldn't really use your own css, or any Php. I was tired of uploading the files 1 by 1, so I gave up and just left the site.

i created my first website on freewebs. it was GREAT. it allowed you to edit the code or use their wysiwyg capabilities. GREAT for beginners and i rate them a 10 for anyone who is just starting out trying to learn how to build a web page and a website. they are limited in their free service, but that is good too since beginners shouldn't be too everwhelmed with everything at once.i recomend freewebs highly as you can see. for the advanced user, it's good as well when you can put a page or two together in minutes. after i learned html, i used freewebs to create personal pages for people @ $25 minimum a pop. so it's good for the advanced user as well. i don't know why someone rated is 5/10. i rate it a flat 10 and a rarely rate anything the highest # since most everything can be improved, but freewebs has a great service for the beginner. best out there if you're just getting in to learning how to create a web page and an html novice

freewebs is my first web hosting provider as of now my very first website is still active. it is html format its just a simple website and its great web hosting to a newbie but then again when i learn php and mysql and know how to use ftp, i apply to other free web hosting but it cant bring satisfaction to me i mean i'm not satisfied on their service and now i want to try Xisto and i want to help the community as well.

Freewebs is good for beginners or novice site builders.My personal thinking about freewebs is that its features are all good except that it has no my sql ......but it allows you to only add 20 pages,this is where freewebs fails..if it offers its users to add more pages then it would have been good.I actually wanted to add the 21st page but a popup came telling you cannot add more than 20 pages...this annoyed me , after then I left freewebs,then went to wordpress ...and finally found a fantastic free webhosting provider,none other than Xisto :)

Oh FreeWebs, my first host when I was just a starter back in 2005. I thought before FreeWebs is a unfriendly site but it is a friendly site. It's designs are very good. The host's features are npt that bad but I hate to see that FreeWebs only gives up to 40 Mb. Owww... Even a small bandwith. Oh well, atleast they give a nice hosting to everybody. That is why they called FreeWebs.

But is it called still FreeWebs if you are already in the Premium? Well, when a customer upgrades into Premium, a big site change should be seen in their Accounts. FreeWebs has been transformed into PremiumWebs or PaidWebs... Lol... Well, name is not a problem. I remember, when I sign up in FreeWebs they only offer few templates and a weird subdomain: freewebs.com/mysiteoryoursite My goodness!

But now, 2007 and now 2008, a big change in FreeWebs has begun! New user interface has arrived, it's very refreshing, and it adds more templates, more features, and new subdomain! Before, freewebs.com/mysiteoryoursite Now, it is mysiteoryoursite.webs.com! It's very cool. I love to be hosted there but I want to try out Xisto.

-Amiel

I hate freeweb its mainly used for people who want a basic text website for personal reasons and it has terrible features etc. I would give it a 2/10 because you get better here than at freewebs and this is even more free because you don't have to pay for features.

I currently use Freewebs, and it's rather nice. I switched to HTML Only Mode, and the number of options has grown quite a bit. By downgrading, you can easily make your own layouts and such.Freewebs is especially nice for beginners with little to no knowledge of HTML. The templates they have are quite customizable (changing to logos in some replaces the main banner and certain templates are CSS-customizable)The small bandwidth/space doesn't matter if you use Photobucket in conjuntion. It's been working quite well for me.I'd give Freewbs an 8/10, though, since the support desk isn't too great :P-reply by Soyrwoo

Bad experience

Freewebs.com Hosting Review

I have a website with freewebs.Com which I only wanted for 1 year and without my permission they renewed the website for 2 consecutive years and I have been unable to close the account as I write to them and they never reply. They have taken money from my account without my consent, So watch out before you get involved with them.

-reply by yoeltitan

I still have a free.co.nr domain that draws the content from freewebs , i must have created the account in 2003 and it is still there!Ja , it's true they have no sql support and they stick a few small adverts at the bottom of your page. But at least their servers are reasonable in speed most of the time. It's great for a static html page.