xisto Community
amitojduggal

Teleportation Possible Software Designes, Lacking Hardware

Theoritically every science fiction stories seem possible. But what you study in theory is different from applying the same practically. Theory is based on calculations and ofcourse assumptions. In practical life we cannot assume anything.

this is intresting lol!Teleportation sounds simple and all but you take the molecues apart and put them back together... its like ok this just got a whole lot more confusing because we need to keep evey part intact from 1 side to the other and make sure the person/thing still looks the same, acts the same, and thinks the same and they also must have the same memories and mind and that stuff...To the harddrive dude... lots of 80 gig hd ha y 80 by the time we can probably get a machine that can do this and its ready for the large scale we will have the terabyte hds or more... atm we almost have the terabyte for normal civilian use lol... i think theres a few on the market but thy anrt cheap... most people buy the 200 250 and the 500 gig hds right now... but most systems come standard with about 40-80 gig hds...Half life 2 is a good game lol the teleportation system they use is very complex tho to bad its made up lol... but as you saw that "head humper" messed it all up and the system almost crashed...Also look at the otherside of this with the normal people who hate science... they will say that this is unmoral and unethical... (i say phuck them lol but tahts me... i cna go on a rant on this but this is not the topic for it...)and also we would have to put in a security system because you dont want someone thats not supposed to be teleporting into you house doing so... so a hell of long code that prevents someone from entering you house w/o a key... thats a whole other ball game becuase you dnt want someone hacking the system to be able to breakinto another persons house without them really being able to know taht it happend...I want this to become reality lol but wont happen for a while there are too many variables to solve first the ethics... (phucking people...), Security, the actualy matter transportation (how it works and stuff and making sure they get there in the same peice...)this is however better than flying cars lol because less cluter about your house... tell you the truth i happen to like the sky... but flying cars seem more realistic then transportation machines... due to the many variables eveywhere...

personally i don't think this scan and copy/paste method is going to be of much use to a certain individual because of that smth that is called soul in our terms but we do't really know what it is and without that a duplicated person would be just another being, perhaps assigned a new soul and it's experiences won't be yours so it's of no use for yourself. But there are some things that would benefit the world if it becomes real, like fabricating things easier ( a prototype is duplicated over and over replacing all those robots working and assembly lines in factories and reducing a factory to a transporter scale -on other planets this would make miracles as there is no need to build factories served by robots etc). So humans and animals are very difficult to handle but at a certain level of hardware evolution and safety of the scaning would be possible. Perhaps cloning plants/animals/humans on other planets to be populated would be one purpose of the technology. I think that teleportation (as being u that travel) of humans is possible indeed not by manipulating molecules and atoms of a certain structure but by finding ways of breaking space and creating worm-hole-like portals which seem more believable to me (it's mainly about energy power i guess). Anyway the perspective of being able to clone objects and even store data on all kind of complicated stuff and replicating it somewhere else is fascinating. And could be of some use in cloning organs....

This is a very interesting topic. I've always thought that with the way our technology is advancing there are only two avenues that will be pursued first, transportation and communication. It must have been a great lecture but his theory of breaking molecular structure to enable teleportation is still questionable, right? A faster means of transportation is almost inevitable but teleportation? It would be cool though.I saw the movie hollow man and I thought it was unreal for a person to be invisible. It's a different topic but.. :rolleyes:

Well I have to say one thing "The queen is again not impressed!" This is just another thing that is never going to change anything even if it is made possible one day...The most important problem which one should care for is not how you are going to travel on the moon, but deal with your problems that are inside you - You should think why do u acctually want to go to the moon? Do you have anything missing here on our perfect earth? Believe me that when you'll get to the moon in a second there is going to be a new wish that you'll feel the need to acomplish...it is a neverending circle and all this technologies are never going to change anything - these are just illusions within the real illusion which is our ego...Think of the world from this perspective: IF YOU WERE NOT ATTACHED TO YOURSELF, WOULD THERE BE ANY PROBLEM AT ALL? try it out..greetz

really people come on i have a question that i would like some one to anser. How the bloody hell could you possibly convert organic matter ie the person or thing your goin to telepot into infomation on a harddrive? because remember hardrives are a code run by magnets which use the numbers 1 and 0 on a decible system then converts that to information so on and so forth so what are you gunna do stuff the person in the hardrive and send them through a wire? mabye that quantom teleportation or wateva that otha guy said could work because your send the information of the person and reconstructing a new one not actualy sending the person

According to the Law of Conservation of Mass-Energy, matter and energy can be converted from one state to another, but none of it can be lost. So, in theory, a person could be converted into magnetic energy and back again, although in practice, it may be too complicated to ever be accomplished.

Although teleporting is a complicated subject, I reckon it will be around in the future. Technology is improving all the time. What we thought impossible hundreds of years ago, is what we consider old fashioned now.I'm not convinced life would be able to match what happens in the computer games or in sci-fi movies though, there's so much that could go wrong. In reality, as mentioned in some of the previous posts, if a multiple amount of people or living beings teleport at the same time, some of the genetics could become mixed up. You could go into the teleporter as male, come out female or as another animal.Would be nice though, if we could move to another place in the matter of seconds. For example, people could leave time to the last minute, then teleport themselves to wherever they need to go. Would also help with the traffic congestion. Everyone could teleport instead of travelling by vehicles.Would probably be very expensive though, and would most probably involve training due to health and safety concerns and whatnot.Science is a very interesting subject, but I don't think teleporting will be invented within the next century. Flying cars will be existent before teleporters in my opinion.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

hey dude!, it's quite interesting, imagine that you could work in mars; you take your quantum phone and call to your wife, -hello darling, i'm editing the report to the ultimate xtreme mars rally, i'm dirnking a glass of water from venus, so, i finish it and go to home, pd, i have separated a table in the hard rock caffe of the moon, so i would like you to put that dress i like, ciao!- and then you go to your personal teleportator, ask it to go first to the market and buy a beautyful dozen of roses, and go to your home just on time!.it sounds real good, but unfortunately i don't believe i can see this wonderful technology, even, i don't think that human or live form can be teleportated, the mystery of life goes beyond science, think in this:there is a man who have never drinked, never has tasted the flower of one marlboro or cigarrete, he runs all the mornings, has a beautyful girlfriend, and a grateful life, in conclution he is a healthy boy, all his organs are perfect, he has pure blood in his veins, and nothing affect him.one day the guy in his excersises for a reason that nobaody knows, he has a heart attack, maybe he overestimated his physic state, and for reasons that also nobody knows there is no body near to help him, maybe hi is scaling mountains or climbing the everest, so the man death. After a couple of hours, after this healthy guy is well death, he is finded by his neighbor or somebody else, and then he is bringed to a hospital to see what happened, think that there is nothing to do, he will never live again.The point is, after the man has lost his life, there is nothing to do, even if all your organs are intact, after your soul has leaved your body there is nothing more to do, so i think that for life being teleportation, it should be necessary to teleport your soul, vital energy, existence, call it as you want, to the new location, and as love, life is something that cannot be hold with your hands, so i think life teleportation cannot be true.however i can't imagine the several aplications of this technology, may be yo can taste a glass of water from venus, if we can't, robots can, and they can do all that we. other thousands of aplications can be inplemented, like a personal bank in your pcPORTATION, a good dinner in your desk in seconds from any place of the world, and bla bla bla, just leave it to your imagination.

im not scared about losing the mental part of me. what happens if particles are lost. liek jsut a FEW? Everytime you use teleportation...you'd end up like 1/2 inch shorter. or a finger mising. or something. jeez i dont trust that stuff. I'll leave it for a future generation, but teleportation is not for me.

I don't care if it's possible or not. I would NEVER use anything like that. I mean, converting matter to waves is already complicated enough. (and if I recall, an atomic bomb does just that). It just seems to me like it's too dangerous. I do like science a lot, but if you ask me, that is just too much into the extreme portion of science. I would much rather use a teleporter to transfer an item rather than a human being. Plus, this stuff makes humans seem to not be living or anything (who would want to exist even for a second as nothing but waves?). Still, though. Things like this are pretty interesting. I would actually like to see this accomplished. Just not for human transportation.

Listen, we all know the idea of teleportation is brilliant. I being a science student my self take to much interest in physics particularly in time travel and teleportation but, I still don't think teleportation is possible. Iwe gone around reading to much stuff on the net and it all points to theories. We have to down on theories butwe cant test it. Its because the technology required for this is just to complicated. IF lets say this sort of technology wos even created thn thts atlest another 400 years. We look at our science today and its like a tiny droplet of water in a vast vast ocean. WE know nothing . And tht is true. Science cant explain what "klife" is yet so how can you transport people? and mind you I am a believer in the concept of a "soul" . Iwe read so much about scanning this whole organic code and reproducing it on the other end while eradicating the other but what does science havee to say abt soul? that its just memories or a bunch of different chemical combinations?. We all know tht science dosnt believe int he concept of a God or soul. But as faithful believers for us to think this is possible would be rong don't you think? I mean how can we evn hink of producing a so called "soul". Tht in it self would be a grave sin and I, a 16 yr old, asure you no matter wht science says...To move a soul from one place to another is not going to be possible. I hate myself for saying this yes but its what makes sense to me. I mean people waste ther lives over teleporttion and timetravel but both of wich are trying to be God. We CANT be God. And be4 I said tht those complicated machines might evn take hunddreds of years to be created and by then what are the chances the world will exist?Ther are t hings we should know and things we sould not. Soumtimes I just feel tht science goes over board with trying to explain everything. Also all thhese teories abt teleportation and time travel are again just theories...Chances of them being right are wel not a lot.Thts jus tmy look at it Please do comment.-reply by JADE

learningTeleportation Possible

Would it be possible in learning this without any other machinery, as in just utilising the brain's potential to do so. Most humans use around 2% of their brain power, surely floating around in the otehr 98% is the potential for instant teleportation. Do you know if it would be possible to learn this, as I am very interested in harnessing as much of tht extra potential as possible.