xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Fusion News Set-up/help If You Need It Fusion news set-up/help

Well this was my first choice..but i found a diff one..i had a bit of difficulty installing it..maybe it will help someone!!

first off your site must be able to have PHP files

1) You should download the fusion news files located Here

2) extract all the files in it somwhere on your computer.

3) upload ONLY THE FILE CALLED "UPLOAD" to your site in a directory such as news etc..

4) CHMOD ALL of the files to 777 ( if you do not know how to CHMOD please see the tutorial form for a tutorial on it or see the bottom of this post)

5) once everything is uploaded go to http://ww38.yoursite.com/Y/installer.php
change the letters in caps to the correct site and directory

that will walk you through seting it up.. the first 2 steps are prety self explanitory...

but when you get to the last step is kind of where i got confused you can follow this information

1) URL to your site..put the URL to your site..

*2) URL to the fusion folder you need to put the directory that the upload contents are in for instance if you used news as the name it would be http://ww38.yoursite.com/news thats it for that..

3) the path to the fusion folder: should allready be in there..

4) the rest is pretty simple.. time offset is like the time zone you are in..eg..pacific would be -8, central -7 etc...

after that it is all on you to edit things you want..

CHMOD'ing

to CHMOD you need to download some kind of an FTP program..i also suggest an FTP program to upload all of the files MUCH easier! but once all the files are uploaded simply hit CTRL+A then right click....go down to properties...and change whatever three numbers are there to 777 and just wait a second and you are done!

To Get The News To Show On Your Site

simply use

<?php include "news/news.php";?>

make sure the directory is correct! but the news.php is right!

if you need any further help please feel free to post quesitions here!
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Hey! I was wondering if you could help explain how to set up an rss feed with fusion news. I've googled it but can't find a clear answer anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!