xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mysterio

Top 25 Theme Parks Of 2005

1. Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, 16.1 million, +6.5 percent

2. Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif. 14.5 million, +8.5 percent

3. Epcot at Walt Disney World in Orlando, 9.9 million, +5.5 percent

4. Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World in Orlando, 8.6 million, +5 percent

5. Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, 8.2 million, +5 percent

6. Universal Studios in Orlando, 6.1 million, -8.5 percent

7. Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim, Calif., 5.8 million, +3.6 percent

8. Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando, 5.76 million, -8.5 percent

9. SeaWorld Orlando, 5.6 million, +0.2 percent

10. Universal Studios Hollywood, 4.7 million, -6 percent

11. Adventuredome at Circus Circus in Las Vegas, 4.5 million, +2.3 percent

12. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, 4.3 million, +5.1 percent

13. SeaWorld San Diego, 4.1 million, +2.5 percent

14. Paramount Canada's Wonderland in Maple, Ontario, 3.6 million, +7 percent

15. Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, Calif., 3.47 million, -3 percent

16. Paramount's Kings Island in Kings Island, Ohio, 3.3 million, -5.1 percent

17. Morey's Piers in Wildwood, N.J., 3.1 million, +1 percent

18. Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, 3.1 million, -2 percent

19. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, Calif., 3 million, flat

20. Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, N.J., 2.9 million, +6 percent

21. Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Ill., 2.8 million, +24 percent

22. Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, Calif., 2.8 million, +5 percent

23. Hersheypark in Hershey, Pa., 2.7 million, flat

24. Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Va., 2.6 million, +8.3 percent

25. Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., 2.3 million, +7.3 percent

From CNN.com

Is is just amazing if you look at Disney theme parks. Taking the top 5 and more! For Disney all you know is there 50th anniversary! That is a big milestone for Disney. Look at Universal. Both going down in percent. One of the only theme parks to do so on the list. Hersheypark hit flat. Six Flags seem to do very good this season. Cedar Point did splended. Morey's Piers surprisingly was on the list. Well lets see your comments now. This list is veyr understanding. Note what Disney did on the list.

5. Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, 8.2 million, +5 percent

Woah! Took 6 out of the top 7! Took all top 5. Also look at that huge 8.5 Percent up for Disneyland and 6.5 up for Magic Kingdom! They did awesome this year.

Now it is turn for your comments.

Notice from KuBi:
Red text copied from your above "section"in the post. Warning Issued.

Is is just amazing if you look at Disney theme parks. Taking the top 5 and more! For Disney all you know is there 50th anniversary! That is a big milestone for Disney. Look at Universal. Both going down in percent. One of the only theme parks to do so on the list. Hersheypark hit flat. Six Flags seem to do very good this season. Cedar Point did splended. Morey's Piers surprisingly was on the list. Well lets see your comments now. This list is veyr understanding. Note what Disney did on the list.

Woah! Took 6 out of the top 7! Took all top 5. Also look at that huge 8.5 Percent up for Disneyland and 6.5 up for Magic Kingdom! They did awesome this year.

Now it is turn for your comments.

220038[/snapback]

These theme parks do do well - it just gets me to the fact why they need to charge so much - i mean they must make a mint! :)

Its extremely expensive to run the parks. Though one might think most of the rides are a fixed and sunk cost, which means attracting more people with lower prices would over time pay it off, but the maintainence (I think) is the one that's very expensive. Of course there is also staffing and advertising they have to pay for. I think these theme parks are always overcrowded, with long queues and such and hence if you follow with consumer demand, then lwering the price would mean more people and longer lines. I wouldn't want that. Though a best of both worlds, lower price and shorter lines would be good :blink:

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond (in Japan), Tokyo Disney Resort (which contains Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland) continues to dominate in sales, followed by Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. I"ve only been to Walt Disney World, Epcot Center, Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios (Orlando) and Paramount Canada's Wonderland. I probably wouldn't want to go to the ones I mentioned at the top because of the massive overcrowding, long lines, the the park area being smaller.

i thought the six flags of great adventure in jackson,NJ is a gr8 theme park becuase they have kinda ka there man i went on that ride n the line wus hella long...but it wus worth it...the worlds fastest n tallest rollercoaster..n its prolly the shortest heh the best part of the ride is prolly the very start where ur not moving at all n then all of a sudden it shoots u up the coaster goin outstandingly fast n when u reach the top man...everything is soo small i felt i wus able to see my house from up there...hah wud love to do it again

Wow! I see Disney is making out with the money bags. What gets me is the fact that they role in money, and still want more of it. Pretty sad really. I have been to one, two, three, and I think nine. One more thing, Disney World is bigger than Disney Land.

I'd also like to know if that's internationally or just in America. I've been to quite a few of the American Disney parks, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens, Sea World and a few others i think! In England I've been to all of the main ones, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Alton Towers and some others including Drayton manor (which was extremely small and disappointing, i was expecting a lot bigger!). However, i have to admit that the American theme parks do have something that the UK ones neglect-theming. I'm always saying this, i work at a theme park and they just put the ride in and don't really theme it, whereas in America they use the queue lines to build up ride tension, tell a story and then carry it on on the ride.I think theming is something that's hard to do well, but makes a great deal of difference to the park and the ride experience when you have it! Sorry i went a bit off topic there....

Wow, I never knew that. Thanks for posting it! I don't know some of the parks, though. :( Like Darlywood or something like that? :( I've been to most of the disneyworld though, good 'ol me. :( . Did you know the sixflags in Houston is bankrupt? :( It was here for 32 years! and now it's gone.

If only somehow they could find a way to make the lines smaller and wait time less i think there would be lots of customers. Lol. but in reality that doesn't work. I've always wanted to go to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando. But were not that rich. lol. I wonder how they rate this parks? is it by visitors or most amount of money they make??