xisto Community
Dreamer

For What Are You Building A Site?

Hi,Currently i am working on a blog for my self using client-side scripting and minimalistic php scripts.

Well the web site that I have created I threw together over a couple of months for my friends and myself to play a small multiplayer game. I had it hosted at another free web hosting service and was still in the process of debugging etc. When the site shutdown so now I'm here( :) ). But I was just making the game as I LOVE to create the code because I can do something artistic that looks cool even though I can't draw at all. :P

the site i have at the moment is just for personal use. once i start adding more content i will have some downloads, games, links, maybe media, and maybe forums. i have not had much time recently to work on it so everything is going slow.

:D I'm now starting to make my own sites.
The first one, is extremely simple, for a non-profit organization, Food for Life Global, but our Porto Delegation, where i'm volunteer since 2002. The site is in Portuguese, but is so simple anyone can easly guess what it what :)
The other one, Veda, is a college project for an example of a online shop, is still under construction and planning...
In future will have to improve the simple F4L, and to make my own homepage, as i'm ashamed of myself for still not having one :)
Do good, help the next fellow :blink:
Regards

Nuno

I have to make a website, and I think that control panel is super. I want to create site about music, and personals in music. But I don't understand so much how! ?  Control panel is so big, have many questions, where are answers for it?

25065[/snapback]

Hi ljiljana. I am not an expert in site design, but I have used Cpanel quite a bit. I might be able to help you understand the general functionality of most of the Cpanel interface.

The File Manager is the most used area of the Cpanel for new users just learning how to create a web site. This is where I would start. If you need some help just PM me and I'll see if I might be able to help you out. :blink:

Zippy77

I don't plan on making any money off my site, so I don't plan on spending any on it either! :D I'm simply making a site to have my own space on the Web to put up my designs, my opinions, and other things. Just a plain old personal site! :o

Hi:Well, my site started out to help my students learn histology. My students all seemed to all find histology difficult. So I first made a site of useful histology links for them. The idea being, if they went to interesting sites, they would find histology more interesting. So at first, my site was just a big page of recommended links.Then, I added books. My college bookstore did not sell all the histology books that I know are good. And it turned out to be a lot easier to post a book on my webpage, write a review, and tell my students how they could buy a book that I am recommending then to go through the book approval committee and fill out the paperwork to get a book sold at the college bookstore.I don't remember how I got the idea of adding histology games to my site. But I got a lot of positive response from making histology more fun. Then it evolved to a hobby. It just became fun for me to come up with games and ideas to make my site more fun and interesting. I added google ads and a few affiliate links, just in the hope it would offset operating costs. But my site is not a way to make money. Even if I get server space for free, my site has costs. Software for some of the games for example, and I had to pay a lot of money for the photomicrographs I used. Finding photomicrographs (tissue slides) that I am able to use on my site has been a big challenge. I also made a site for my husbands business. This is just a basic business site giving general information about his business. Sunkist

The first one, is extremely simple, for a non-profit organization

The reason I joined Xisto is the same - I'm putting together a site for my suburb's community association, a non-profit organisation. They want to build a highway through our suburb so the association really wants to be able to get info to people about what's going on.
I've been working in various web-related roles for the last 7-8 years and am currently web developer/master for the company I work for. We've just bought another company so I'm redesigning their site at the moment too. I've also had my own personal sites in the past and done sites for free for friends/other people who needed them.
When I get done with all the redesigns I've got on at the moment (three at present), I might get around to putting together a portfolio site for myself.

Money, money and always money. This is my principal interest that bring me to the world of web-sites. Obviusly I can't spread over my idea, it's top secret :lol: .Anyway if you look at my avatar, you can understand the matter of the web site....

The reason I joined Xisto is the same - I'm putting together a site for my suburb's community association, a non-profit organisation. They want to build a highway through our suburb so the association really wants to be able to get info to people about what's going on.

I've been working in various web-related roles for the last 7-8 years and am currently web developer/master for the company I work for. We've just bought another company so I'm redesigning their site at the moment too. I've also had my own personal sites in the past and done sites for free for friends/other people who needed them.

When I get done with all the redesigns I've got on at the moment (three at present), I might get around to putting together a portfolio site for myself.

141321[/snapback]

Cool m8 :( That's the way to go :lol: Good work