xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anarchyboard88

Resetting My Web Hosting Account can i start over again?

i was wondering. . . if there is any way to reset my hosted account.. i want to start over w/ the default settings and default files w/ nothing of mine uploaded and no sql databases or anything.. i f-d up pretty bad and i want to just start over w a clean slate on my hosted space. this would be a tremendous help. i dont have a problem with re-uploading things, but my ftp client is down and the only way to delete everything would be to del individual files, take forever.. and theres a second problem.. my ftp client wont connect lol. what is the address i put into the ftp.?.. btw im http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ... for some reason it wont let me connect to it via ftp. thnx, sry it was a multiple stage question :->

Your ftp should be "2dfy.trap17.com" for the host address. Make sure your FTP client is connecting to port 21, and you have the correct username and password put in.

You could terminate your hosting account and then re-apply for hosting, or put a request in the miscellaneous forums which are located here http://forums.xisto.com/topic/180-free-web-hosting-misc-requests/

Anarchy,I'm going to suggest that you make a request in "Hosting - Misc Requests" down at the bottom of the Forum Topics. Computer is acting up or I would post a link. That's probably the best way to bring this to the Admin's attention other than a PM to Buffalohelp or Opaque.And good luck with it. Hard lesson to learn, don't mess up your cpanel settings.

The address for you to login to your FTP account is ftp.2dyf.trap17.com You can do this via a web browser if your FTP client won't work or of course you could use File Manager in cPanel.