xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZPGames

Invision Board Trial

I was searching the internet for mods for Invision Board and I found a download link for Invision Board 2.0 Trial. Is this like a limited version with features missing or something like that.

Be careful. Be very, very careful.Most web Hosts will ban your account for using pirated downloads. Unless you got a trial directly from the supplier, you may be asking for trouble.

I was searching the internet for mods for Invision Board and I found a download link for Invision Board 2.0 Trial. Is this like a limited version with features missing or something like that.

219234[/snapback]

Yes, when they say its a trial, it means they limited it so you can have only so many posts and so many members. I'm not sure about if its missing features, I believe it has all of the main ones but most likely doesn't have any of the nice addons.

Also, jlhaslip made a good point. Its best to use only software directly from the producers site.

yeah. pirated stuff aint worth the download. better buying a real liscense than banning yourself from every webhost that exists. and that version you found, its probably missing a lot. there used to be a trial version of IPB on the IPB site. in fact, thjere was once a time when invision board was free. thats why so many webhosts like invisionfree provide free forum hosting. invision free is actually IPB 1.3, which got copied down by some guy who made the hosting by just uploading the files to anybody who requested hosting. the files are actually placed automatically. lthough i still do wish that IPB remained free cause i really dont want to pay to get a good forum. and pirated IPB would not exist - even better.

I was talking to mxweb earlier a.k.a goldenarrow, and he said he could get me a trial version of IPB 2.0. I think it is legal. He is an admin on their forums at IPB. I think it is pretty legit I not sure. If you pm him he could tell you. As for the other versions other than 1.3 they are all illegal to download without buying.

if you get a invsion liscense, you can actually download all bug fixes and new version. IPB also offers free invision board hosting, its just better for forums cause its cheap and it gives ya liscense. but i till think purchasing a full liscense is good.

you can also download IPB 2.0.1 thats thelast free version and for 2.0 the limits are that you can only have 500 members and you can only make 2000 posts befgore the board shuts down there are more but i cant remember the rest sory