xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Announcing The Google Pack for WinXP only

Yeah this was one the google desktop when they first announced it about a week or so ago. I immediately downloaded it becuase almost everything google creates rocks. I did actually not include a few pieces of software because i either already had them or i just had a piece of software that was more powerful like adobe elements instead of picasa. However, it saw that i had them and will update some like trillian and norton even though i didnt download their version of it. It really rocks

I use Google Pack.Mozilla Firefox with Google Toolbar...already got that a long time ago (points to nickname)Adobe Reader - have thatPicasa...downloaded itRealPlayer...no need for it, got iTunes.Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition...downloaded itGoogle Video/Talk....no need for itNorton AntiVirus...already have Shaw Secure.Google Desktop/Earth...already had that.Overall, the Google Pack is only useful to update the products. It can't download anything on my computer, don't know why.

Before I give my opinion on Google's Pack, I must state one thing: being a limited user (in other words, not being an administrator in Windows) stinks! But if I did have admin rights on this machine, I would run it for Google Talk (which I think updates itself anyway), Picasa, Google Earth (just to get the latest version, I already have it, great program), Google Desktop (although I may never use it), and one or two other things. Google is great at giving out software, especially since it's mostly free.