xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Announcing The Google Pack for WinXP only

Automatically update your essential PC programs faster, easier and conveniently with Google Pack: https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=eUUsVMSaJsqH8QeZ-4HQBg&gws_rd=ssl

An all-in-one packaged collection which includes: Google Earth (3D Earth browser), Picasa (Photo organizer), Google Desktop (Desktop companion), Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer (Search toolbar), and Google Pack Screensaver (Photo screensaver). also includes Mozilla Firefox with Google Toolbar (Web browser), Norton Antivirus 2005 Special Edition (Antivirus utility), Ad-Aware SE Personal (Antispyware utility), and Adobe Reader 7 (PDF reader).

Few clicks installation, with Google Updater to help you discover new programs and keep your current software up to date.

OS Requirement: WinXP only

Cost: FREE :)

wow! that is awesome!look at the benefit with that pack! you are getting norton antivirus 2005 (I know it is not the best, but still) absolutely free of cost!I have not downloaded it...the only reason is..I am not looking of norton antivirus...and I am already having the programs which it is giving...but for sure it will be beneficial for those who dont have these utilities and are looking for a free antivirus!

That Norton Antivirus 2005 Special Edition (Antivirus utility) and Ad-Aware SE Personal (Antispyware utility) are real or just advertisments, or trial type software where u must click to purchase for full version?I can't really believe what I saw.. Giving them out for free?

well,all of them are for free,which should be called by googles' gift :)among them,the added Norton Antivirus 2005 Special Edition (Antivirus utility) and Ad-Aware SE Personal (Antispyware utility) are the most useful thing for net pc user.i'd like to download them later.

It isn't a full version of Norton. Not only do you only get a 6 month subscription to the updates, but this can be found on the 'More Info' page:

This Norton AntiVirus Special Edition does not include the following features: Norton™ Internet Worm Protection, which stops certain damaging Internet worms at their attempted point of entry; and extended threat protection, which detects spyware and certain non-virus threats such as adware and keystroke logging programs.

To get the extra features you obviously have to pay.

Seeing as most of those pieces of software contain automatic updaters I can't see a massive advantage unless you have absolutely no anti-virus software.

Well this is a bit weired, I must say this is one of the few things I did not think Goolge would come up with. While this software package is not that usefull for the more computer savvy users (well I assume most people here already have most of the software included) the fact that it allows for an easy and convieniant way of updating this software and should help a lot of people who do not know alot about computers. I'm abit unsure as to where this fits into the whole indexing the worlds information strategy of Google, but it does look like a direct attack on Microsoft. I also like that it allows you to remove certain things from the package before you download it (an essential choice missing from certain other companies packaged software *cough* Microsoft *cough*). The version of Nortan that you get is a free 6 month subscription, which is you know good. I also like it that the updater will not only allow the user to update the current programs but asl add new ones when they are added to the pack. So yeah nice one Google, offering a quick and easy service to allow people to keep their computers secure. Now then I wonder how long it will be till we get the Microsoft and Yahoo Packs? :)

WOW google have relly outdone them selves this time all those programs in one that must have taken ages to complie up i wonder what the file size is and i wonder what googl will bring out next

wow thats really nice..though i have all those softwares listed above but i'm sure it will be useful to my other friends..so gonna email this page to all my not that computer savvy friends :)

Wow, that's quite a large package.. I don't think I would need all of those though. I can use google earth online, and it lags up my computer anyway, I don't need a photo organizer, I barely take any pictures anyway, so no Picasa for me :).I could use the firefox toolbar and desktop companion though, those would be useful :PThe Norton Antivirus 2005 Special Edition, is it just a 30 day trial? That would be awesome if it came free... and Ad-Aware SE is a program that EVERYONE should have installed on their computer.. it's one of the best anti-spyware utilities I know of.And I already have adobe reader..So this thing, it updates all of these programs automatically for me? That's pretty cool.. did Google create this?

google just bundled the whole thing, rejected. :) anyway, there are other "hidden" applications not included in the list. it's for you guys to find out. :P

this is the best pack ever!!! i just got it and downloaded norton and google desktop. this is really good for people who just got a new cmputer and need to set up their internet stuff.

Wow. I didn't expect Google to come out with a gift basket this large. Most of the stuff are free from the originals sites anyways. lol. I wonder if GOogle made some kind of agreement to like put tracking software in those programs. You never know. GOogle is going to take over the world of technology. GOogle OS here they come! lol. They've really outdone themselves. I tried out the firefox browser with the google toolbar. Its okay. Firefox is sorta slow but i can get around that. anyways. THe norton antivirus sounds cool. I don't know if i should ge *BLEEP*.