xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

[photoshop] Reflected Text Tutorial

I will teach you how to do a quick reflective text on your sigs and other graphic designs that have text on them.

Step 1 Put Your text on your sig design

Step 2 For Best effect the First letter of each word have a different color.

Posted Image

Step 3 Go to layer then to Layer Styles and Choose Dafault Settings of Drop Shadow and the select stroke and select black and 1px

Posted Image

Step 5 Now Make copies of your text and then go to edit > transform > Flip Vertically it should look like this.

Posted Image

Step 6a Move the copy text as close as you can like so.

Step 6b Now on your layers menu right click on your copied text and select Rasterize type.

Step 7 now select your marquee tool and set your feather between 5-10 or what suits the text best and then press your delete key and you should have this.

Step 8 For best effect for reflecting text lower the Fill percentage until you get a gradient effect from dark to light on your copied text.

Posted Image

Step 9 final Product

Posted Image

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Thank you Saint Michael! This is a nice tutorial and I'm going to try and play with it.What's the best way to make the reflection look like a reflection in water? I mean...so that it's wavy?

Awomse tutorial SM. Well explained, very easy. I think tought the opacity needs to be a bit higher, it's a little hard to see the reflextion text.

Thank you Saint Michael! This is a nice tutorial and I'm going to try and play with it.

What's the best way to make the reflection look like a reflection in water? I mean...so that it's wavy?

218667[/snapback]

select the part that you want to look like in water then go to filters and apply ripple filter to your likings

there are other techniques but this one should do it

This is a pretty good tutorial. Steps are explained clearly and it is easy to follow.One thing I would suggest to all of you who try it is that if you are going to have reflected text, use a less complicated background. Its just my personal opinion, but putting reflected text on a background full of colors and shapes just doesnt seem like the text would actually be reflected. But that is only advice and is not meant to take anything away from the tutorial.and eyzzat, if you want to make a moving/animated graphic, you would need to use something like adobe imageready.

Saint i must ask you to upload the images again, cause some aren't working anymore. If you dont have the pictures anymore, please close the topic.

the bw is still good for the pictures i might have to stick with using imageshack to upload pictures.