xisto Community
conret

Good Topic For A Site what will is a good site about

Well to tell you the truth i have tried chenging my sites topic and design many times and in many ways and i never could find a topic on which i can make a site that is visited alot. Does anyone know what will be a good topic for a site. Because the ones that are good require alot of support and taking can of. I also want good traffic. what do u think i should do?

... i have tried changing my sites topic and design many times and in many ways ...

That may be part of the problem. getting traffic to become familiar with the look and feel of the site. If it changes alot or if it gets crowded with stuff they don't want, then they don't return.

... and i never could find a topic on which i can make a site that is visited alot.

Does anyone know what will be a good topic for a site.

Find a topic which you are interested and passionate about and others will find it.

Because the ones that are good require alot of support and taking can of. I also want good traffic. what do u think i should do?

218411[/snapback]

I think you should be patient. The Internet wasn't built in a day and a good site will take time as well. There are lots of resources and information about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that might help you. The use of Keywords in Meta tags, Site Content and updating the content is important, too. Use regular html pages that the googlebots like rather than flash or Frames. Do you belong to any affiliate programs? Is your site linked from any others? All these will help in getting traffic, but without a firm determined effort on your part and a committment to be persistently patient, these alone won't do it.

Develop a plan and stick to it. If you are trying to get rich quick on the Internet, there are probably ways to do that, but the Acceptable Use Policy here at the Xisto domain will most likely not allow the activities.

Best of luck with your site.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Fixed Quote tags

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

i guess your right about sticking to one thing. But the problem is that whenever i start something i cant maege it so i get people to help me and they quit afer awile or give up on me. THe internet is not the only way i make money but it is the fun thing for me and i think what i really need is someone who is like me and sees what i see and wil help me out and wont ditch on me when im loosing.

i really think that.. if you are going to dedicate your .. site or whatever to a topic.. you should be an expert in that topic. So you can keep up with what they are saying. It would be weird of the admin of a forum.. doesn't know what he/she is talking about and ask for help... never seen that before. That's why i'm having trouble creating an active site. So i have a lot of catagory about different things. You need to get the basic structure first. What i meant is, you need a few of decent posters that can take initiative and make the forum active. From what i learnt from my experience that, even if people joined, they won't stay there for long because there isn't any post been made for months by any member. So you actually lose members. It's really hard for me because none of my friends ever posted on a web forum before. They find it difficult to post something.

well i think we can help each other. y you wordont me and k on 1 site.. my site name is http://www.conret.com/ and i think i want to change it an make it into a web design website and advertizement and webhosting. I am good in web design. If you have any other ideas or if there are anyother people who would want to do this with me just send me an email. I think i finnaly found my thing....web design

I think that no one can suggest a "good site topic" to other..because very one has his own thinking and may be if a topic isgood for a person, it is not good for the other person.i think good topic will be what you really are interested in.IN that way you can have many benefits, for example you will do your work in full concentration and you will learn very much about it.Atleast i think so :)