xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mystmag

Google Earth Plus? What exactly is the difference in GE/GEP

Hi! Recently, I downloaded Google Earth, but I found after downloading that there are actually different versions of Google Earth...I know that Google Earth is all that I really need to search the Globe via Satellite, however what are the differences from Google Earth, to, say, Google Earth Plus, or Professional?Respond!Stephen

Hi! Recently, I downloaded Google Earth, but I found after downloading that there are actually different versions of Google Earth...I know that Google Earth is all that I really need to search the Globe via Satellite, however what are the differences from Google Earth, to, say, Google Earth Plus, or Professional?

Respond!

Stephen

217933[/snapback]

im not entirley sure mabye you get better grafics and better search results?

I really don't think Google Earth Plus does anything for the average consumer. I am pretty sure it's just for corportations and what not. I do know one thing, though, that it has better printing and screenshoting. It tells the exact new stuff that Plus adds on Google Earth's Web Page (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) Here is a quote of the additions:

In addition to the basic features, Google Earth Plus includes:
    * GPS data import - read in tracks and waypoints from select GPS devices
          o Note 1: Verified support for Magellan and Garmin devices only
          o Note 2: Does not support export of tracks or waypoints to a GPS
    * Higher resolution printing (greater than screen resolution).
    * Customer support via email (not just web).
    * Annotation adds draw/sketch tools for richer annotations (can be shared as KML).
    * Data importer read address points from .csv files.

So, it's not really that much stuff that's new. If you plan to print pictures it's good, but otherwise IMO it's not worth it.

That's pretty interesting. Considering I don't have Google Earth anymore I really don't think there is a point of buying Plus. Maybe if I had a business and I wanted to display it on my web site for the use of customers and other viewers then I would go for plus but I probably can't and won't need to so there ya go. It was cool for a while but I really wouldn't have much of a use for it.

Yeah, I found out about the GPS support. I got a message saying that it's only for plus members. I think there's also a feature to find the distance between two bookmarks, plus some others (like those mentioned above).