xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sargilla

Monitor Screen Eye Protectors?

Monitor screen eye protectors? how do you call those this that you put on you monitor so it doesn't hurt your eyes?I used to have that on my old computer, now I got a new one, and they guy that sold me the computer said that that's not necessary anymore, but well I've been using the computer for awhile now and my eyes hurt, just wondering if anyone knows aything about those things or if there is new monitors that have that built in.

you mean glass filters? well, these things reduces glare emanating from your monitorbut most monitors have anti-glare already so most people dont use these things anylonger. but some people are used to having them so they use it. if your eyes hurt cozof the monitor, just adjust your contrast/brightness settings to such levels you arecomfortable with. and it is advisable to not stare on a computer monitor for a longperiod of time... you must allow your eyes some "rest" by keeping them away fromthe monitor glare after some time. <_<

Is it true that flat monitors produce less glare than the other kind? Anyways, I just sit at the computer for like 3 hours a day and sleep 8-9 hours, so I guess that compensates for it <_<.

Im not using glass filters because my monitor has that anti-glare biuld into. I spend form 4 to 6 hours a day using the comp and my eyes are ok. But that doesent compare with crystal particule, or plasma dind't hurt al all your eyes, and are good for saving energy to (like 1 batery energy they use)The only impediment is the angle of view, 45 degree. I hope to buy me one in the near future.Take care.

I had too a such protector, but I hate it, because the screen becames more dark, and the picture it`s not so enjoyeble..at least for me. The best solution to buy an LCD monitor, and it alredy doesn`t need any eye protector. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's time for you to upgrade from a CRT to LCD. Even with protectors CRT's still emit quite a bit of radiation. The recommended viewing distance for CRT is the screen size times three inches away. For a 19 inch CRT monitor it would be a recommended viewing distance of 57 inches but who looks at a monitor that far away? There really isn't any good away to block out the radiation when you are at such a close distance while being able to read off the screen.

The antiglare technology in some of the monitors use Boron as the shield. If you dont have the money to upgrade your CRT monitor to LCD, buy an antiglare spectacle with no power. Even I use CRT monitor, it really hurts me as I stay in front of comp. for 16-17h a day. I use a reading glass with boron coating (can be identified with a green glow when you watch it from front).

I remember these. They really helped reduce the glare. Also, even with the monitor's Anti-glare feature, using the eye-protectors helped alot even after that. I don't know about you, but before I bought one, my eyes used to hurt a lot and when I'm on the PC, usually, I never get sleepy, which is bad ;). But when I bought it, I started falling asleep while on the PC because the glare was reduced so much. =P

whats up.......its better to use protectors, why? for protecting your computers like dirts, scratch of finger nails, hard materials like when you got so angry accidentally throwing it, and also a kid whos very naugthy, hahahahaha LOL.......i guess you got my point,what sooo ever like eyes for protecting too, and thats my point......whew!!!!! :rolleyes:

Interesting topic. I went through most of the posts and saw "glare" and "CRT" mentioned often. I would think that glare generated by CRT is the most common reason why an eye protector is used. Since many people sit in front of computer screens (even CRT's) without protectors several hours a day, it seems that doing that is no big deal.Another observation of mine is that protectors are used in certain parts (even for LCD's) of the world a lot more often than the rest. That means certain groups of people believe the use of protectors more than others do. Cultural differences may be behind that phenomenon.Eyes can hurt for different reasons if one sits in front of a computer screen several hours a day. It could be because of the screen itself, it could be because of reading for hours itself, or it could be because of some problems with the eyes.

Monitor screen eye protectors? how do you call those this that you put on you monitor so it doesn't hurt your eyes?I used to have that on my old computer, now I got a new one, and they guy that sold me the computer said that that's not necessary anymore, but well I've been using the computer for awhile now and my eyes hurt, just wondering if anyone knows aything about those things or if there is new monitors that have that built in.

Monitor shield I guess. googling it will be better.